Part 4

Previously:
'No the thing is, the person who helped me up, I liked them. A- a lot'

'Oooooo someone seems to have a crush. That's normal, what's she like?'

Everything appeared to freeze for a minute. I exhaled.

'he...'

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I awkwardly shifted on the chair, pulling the handle on the side, giving me a footrest.

Uncle Mitchell did the same, he smiled at me for what felt like forever.

The awkward silence was deafening, painful, I just wanted him to say something. I don't know why i was so nervous, i mean... He has a husband.

I saw Uncle Mitchell's head rise up and he shifted in his chair. He finally spoke.

"Luke, i know how you feel and I'm here if you need to talk"

I smiled at him and looked out the window. Cam had just pulled up, he must have got back from taking Lily to school. The people opposite were mowing their lawn and the dogs were going crazy, trying to bite the wire. I heard the movement of keys in the front door and the door open, Cam was clearly in a bad mood because when he shut the door... well slam would be a better way of describing it; the entire house shook.

"Oh My God?!" exclaimed Cam collapsing into an arm chair.

"Hello to you too" Mitchell replied, rolling his eyes and looking at a picture of them both.
I waved at Cam and gave him a smile.

"What's going on here?" Asked Cam pointing at me and his husband.

"Luke was asking me something, that's all"

"Right and what is this something"

"He likes someone and that someone isn't a girl"

My fingers flew into my ears, bracing myself for Cam's scream, preparing myself for a long-ass speech or ceremony knowing him. A boring story about oN tHe FaRm that I've heard a million times...
But that didn't happen he just smiled and walked into the kitchen, helping himself to a marshmallow.

"Well anyway" I said breaking the silence "I should probably get going mom is gonna be wondering what i'm doing"
I stood up and walked over to the door, opened it and walked out. I jumped on my skateboard and skated back home.

When i got back home, I checked TikTok to see if I got any comments 99+ notifications. Everyone just being excited for me.
-ooooo someone has a crush
-yes luke go get em
-thank god i thought it was me eww
-mom wants you home luke
-Nope it wasn't me

No one... NOTHING. I began losing patience. I just wanna see them again.
Until finally
-uhh we're you wearing a beanie?

oh. my. god.

I quickly replied 'yes i was' and tapped on his profile. He didn't have many followers, he had he/they in his bio as well as the pride flag. My heart started racing. I clicked on the message option and asked him for his snap.

"LUKEEE DINNER"

"OKAY MOM HOLD ON"
I plugged my phone back in and raced downstairs.

I sat down at the dinner table and waited for dad to his daily magic trick. Which I must admit was impressive today, he got me to pick a card and somehow the one I picked was inside my burger? He is a genius sometimes... keyword sometimes.

"Where's Haley?" I asked, taking a large swig of my milk.

"Oh She's eating out with Dylan" Mom replied.

My immature self heard eating out Dylan so let's just say milk. nose. funny joke. yeahhhhh

"Seriously Luke?" said Mom grabbing a cloth.
I saw Alex shake her head in disapproval as mom frantically wiped the milk on the table. Dad being Dad didn't even notice what was happening because he was watching two raccoons attack each other outside.

"So Luke" Mom said out of nowhere "Who's this person you like huh?"

how the fuck did she know about that
I saw Alex smiling at me from the corner of my eye. This is why siblings suck because you can't have a secret or know anything without them knowing too.

"Oh no one, don't worry, just someone who was really kind and helped me up when i fell off my skateboard." I said looking down to the floor, I could tell I was going red.
Alex burst out laughing.

"You fell off your skateboard" she asked beginning to snort now.

"Yes, I did" and with that I put my food in the bin said Thank You and walked upstairs. I checked my messages again. Unfortunately he hadn't replied yet so I decided to check his recent TikToks. He looked even hotter in his TikToks than real life. Then i saw one from yesterday, them and a girl with their arms around each-other, they were hugging, I shook it off, I'm sure they were just siblings. That was until I saw the caption.

3 months today!💕🌹🌙

——————————————————————
heh heh heh i'm so mean.

A/N: So i kind of left the Modern Family fandom and wasn't going to continue this but I got so many people asking for another chapter and so much love that I had to continue it. ALSO TYSM FOR 1K READS!!?,?:£' That's incredible ily all so much <3 Hope you enjoyed :)

Word count: 875

ALSO THIS WAS RLLY RUSHED LMAO SORRY FOR ANY GRAMMAR ERRORS.