Part 1

It was any normal day, Mom was hassling Haley because she was doing nothing, Alex was studying, and dad... dad was coming up with another 'genius idea' and of course I was his guinea pig.
''Luke, can you put this on...?'' Asked dad handing me this weird helmet. I put it on.
"Okay, now press the button on the side and it should start vibrating." He continued
It did start vibrating and it felt weird; but a good weird. Someone was revving their car stupidly loud and I knew it would be a matter of seconds until mom would give them a piece of her own mind."Really? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" 'Just on queue' I thought to myself letting out a discreet chuckle.
"Okay, I'm going out now guys!"
"But Luke... I haven't finished yet!"
"Sorry Dad."

I walked up the stairs dodging the broken step and entered my room, I let out a sigh, it looked like a bomb had gone off. I knew I had to leave before it was too late. I put on a T-shirt, a pair of ripped jeans and an orange beanie that I had to turn inside out because it says 'Favourite Son- because I'm the only one' on the front. I shouted "bye" and sprinted down the stairs and into the garage. I grabbed my skateboard and before I knew it I was cruising down the street.