You, Him, and Those Scars

WARNING:
⚠️ Swearing ahead ⚠️

____________________

Hands. It's something we humans are born with. Two of them actually. We use them for many things. We need them. But in reality.... not everyone is happy with them. Or to be more specific for this story, not happy with the way they turned out.

Izuku Midoriya. A 16 year old boy. Insecure about his hands. Precisely his scars.

________
It was another day at UA highschool. Same old routine for everyone. Both teachers and students. But one student was going through a "insecure stage". Locked up in his dorm, sitting on the ground in a corner, was none other than Izuku Midoriya.
He was hugging his legs to his chest, while wearing a huge oversized grey hoodie. He couldn't stand to look at his body where all his scars were, so he chose to cover them up. With the hood on his head he dug his face into his legs and continued to sob softly.
It's not like Izuku was always insecure about his scars. He never really cared about them anyway.  But yesterday changed his entire view of his scars completely.
~~~~
"Still the same pathetic Deku we know huh?"
"Jezz your still a stupid fanboy? How pathetic"
"Knock it off guys..."

Of course sooner or later... those bullies would have seen Deku again sooner or later. The idiots who were part of the bullying for Izuku in his childhood, and through middle school. Of course after a few years at UA Bakugo apologized to Deku and they became best friends again. But the others? Never did. And now two of them found Deku after years walking in the park all by himself.

"You still a quirkless loser you little shit?"
"Surprised your not dead yet. Thought we told you to jump?"
"I said knock it off guys."
"Or what? Your gonna fight us?"
"HAH. As if he ever could."
"Yeah and- YO DUDE LOOK AT THOSE!" Said one of them pointing to Deku's hands. "What the hell is with those scars?! They look hideous!" He said laughing.
"O MY GOD YOUR RIGHT BRO. Jezz Deku you really are a loser. How the heck did you get those ugly things?"
"I bet-"
"I SAID ENOUGH!" Deku had finally snapped, activated one for all, and used his power to push the two guys back on the ground with lots of force.
"What the-"
"Since when do you have a fucking quirk?!"
"That's none of your damn business. I see you guys are still good for nothing jerks. I'm leaving. And if I ever see you again...."
He grabs them both by their necks bringing them closer. "These scars and hands will be the cause of your fucking deaths."
_________________
Deku sighs replaying what had happened yesterday in his mind. After that incident he couldn't get the insults about his scars out of his head. "Ugly" "Hideous" He sobs a bit louder, face still between his legs. He skipped class because of how horrible he felt. He couldn't bring himself to face his classmates. Izuku Midoriya actually skipped. That's something very unusual.

(Meanwhile in class)

"Alright everyone, keep working on your assignment. I'm going to sleep so don't make a ruckus. Remember it's due in a few days." Aizawa says getting into his yellow sleeping bag, before drifting off to sleep.
Everyone had continued to work on their soon to be due assignment. But you were sitting at your desk worrying about Izuku, and staring at his empty desk. He wasn't there. The situation got you overthinking it.
"Where is he? He should been in class with the rest of us. There is no way he forgot about class. He's not like that. What if he got hurt? What if he caught captured by a villain? O MY GOD! WHAT IF HE-"
"Y/n?"
You shake out of your thoughts and look up to see Mina standing beside your desk.
"You okay? You look like you've seen a ghost or something." She asks worried.
"Oh... I'm fine Mina, don't worry. Just... thinking." You say quietly, averting her gaze.
"You sure? You seem off."
"Yes I told you, I'm fine."
"If you say so..." Mina says patting your head before walking back to her desk to continue the assignment.
You've had enough. You get up and walk over to Iida, who of course is working his butt off on the assignment.
"Iida?"
He lifts his head up. "Ah, y/n! Is something the matter?" He asks.
"No I just have a favour to ask of you. Izuku isn't here and I want to go look for him. I'm going to check his dorm first. Can you tell Sensei where I am when he wakes up?"
"I don't know y/n... you should be working on the assignment. I'm sure Midoriya is fine so no need to worry."
"Please Iida. I'm so worried something has happened to him. If he's okay I'll come straight back I promise!" You beg wanting his permission to leave, as his role as class representative.
"....alright. I trust you, so you can go. But text me right away when you find him. I'm also wondering where he is and why he is not in class."
You smile. "Will do Iida! Thank you again!" You say before rushing out of the classroom to the dorms.

__________
You arrive at the door of Deku's dorm room. You try to open the door, but it's locked. You hesitate, but slowly knock on the door.
"Izuku...? You in there?"
Silence.
"Izuku?? It's me y/n."
More silence.
"Izuku?! If your in there let me in! ...Please...."
*Click*
The door slowly opens and you see Deku standing there with his big grey hoodie over his head, his eyes red and puffy from crying, while dry tears are stuck to his face.
"Izuku..." you whisper as your eyes widen in worry.
Deku doesn't say anything. He doesn't want to. He just gently grabs your arm and pulls you into his room, locking the door again. He lets go of your arm and then go back to sit in the corner with his face on his knees.
"Izuku..." you say once again, watching him burry his face into his legs. You knew it. You knew something was up. He was hurt. Maybe not physically since he didn't look hurt, but definitely mentally.
You walk towards him, and sit down in front of him.
"Izuku. Baby. Look at me please." You whisper not wanting to make the situation worse.
He slowly lets his legs fall flat on the ground, and then lifts his head to look at you. You watch as he tries so hard to keep eye contact with you, as tears start to fill his eyes again.
Before he could open his mouth to say something, you pull him into your embrace, and turn him and you around so your back was against the wall, and his face was buried in your chest. You wrap your arms and legs around him.
Deku's breath hiccups at the compassion you show him. He holds you as well, and buries his face even closer into your chest with muffled cries.
You bring your hand up to his hair and slowly play with it, while humming a love song to him to calm him down.
After a few minutes, Deku calms down and his crying had turned into quiet sniffles.
"You ready to talk about it love?" You say still whispering and bringing his face up to look at you.
"Scars..." he says quietly.
"Hm? What was that Zuzu?" You ask, not hearing what he said.
"Scars." he says a bit louder.
"Scars?? What do you mean?" You ask him again confused.
He lets go of your arms and moves one of his hands up to show you.
"My scars! All of them! They are so. so... UGLY!" He shouts.
Your eyes widen in surprise.
"Why did I have to get these? Why can't I have normal hands?! Why am I so reckless and stupid with my quirk?!" He continues to say, tears falling down his cheeks again.
Your speechless. Does he really think that about his scars? There is nothing wrong with them.
You snap out of your thoughts and look down at him with his face in your chest again.
"Izuku. Look at me."
He slowly lifts his head back up and looks at you, with tears still streaming down his face. You bring me closer and place a soft kiss on his lips. He flinches, but then closes his eyes and kisses back. You break the kiss and then stand up, pulling Izuku up with you. You walk over to his bed and make him sit down in the middle, and then proceed to walk over to his desk.
"Puppy? What are you doing..?" Izuku asks puzzled.
You remain silent and then grab a pen from his case with his writing tools. You then walk back to his bed and sit down in front of him, pulling yourself into his lap.
"P-puppy?" You see Deku's face turn pink even though you both sit in this position a lot. He should be used to it by now, but again this is Izuku Midoriya we are talking about.
You open the pen and start to drew lines all across your hand in a way that has Deku very confused. You finish the final touches and then drop the pen beside you. Then you gently grab one of Izuku's hands and place them in yours.
"Look at my hand Izuku, and tell me what you see darling."
Still puzzled he looks down at the hand in his. He gasps. The lines on your hand, look exactly like the scars all over his. Tears start to fill Izuku's eyes again. He traces the lines on your hand softly.
"A-are these..?" He starts to speak looking up at you.
"Scars. Just like yours Izuku. And they are both so beautiful."
The tears fall once again from his eyes. You chuckle softly, not wanting to cry too. He pulls you into a hard and loving embrace, and continues to sob loudly in your chest. You bring one of your hands up to his hair and run your fingers through his hair gently. Your other hand moves to lock fingers with the hand that Izuku doesn't have around your waist. He grips your hand when he feels it interlock with his.
"I love your scars Izuku. They are so beautiful. Don't listen to idiots who tell you otherwise, love. They are just pathetic."
You feel Deku laugh quietly in your chest, and then lift his head up to kiss you. You smile into the kiss and move your mouth to kiss him back. He breaks the kiss.
"T-thank you puppy. I won't listen to them again... I promise. I love you so much.."
You move into the bed and pull the cover over the both of you, while still not letting go of each other.
"I love you too Izuku." You turn off the lights. You lay back down in his arms seeing him already fast asleep. "Sweet Dreams.." you say before drifting off to sleep too.

~~~~~
(Back in class)
"DANG IT Y/N! WHERE ARE YOU AND MIDORIYA? STILL WAITING FOR THE TEXT!" Iida shouts, scaring everyone.

Word Count: 1893