t w e n t y t h r e e

"Hey!"

"Hey!"

She called out through the halls and it echoed upto his ears. Jisung looked behind him with one of his hands slipped into his hoodie pocket- stopping midway for the girl to catch up to his pace. "What?" he said nonchalantly and Saeron gave him a cheeky smile.

"Any plans?" she inquired- making his body turn to face her. "No, why?" he replied then shifted his weight towards one leg. Tucking a strand of hair behind her ears, Saeron then clasped her palms behind her- rocking her body side to side.

"You know- I really like coffee," she mindlessly said while smiling and Jisung stayed with his unamused expression. "Okay and?" he uninterestedly asked back. Her face fell to a frown then rolled her eyes, "Let's go get some!"

Jisung was taken aback once again but didn't show. She offered him a lot in the past, yet he's not used to the attention someone would give him- or it's just uncommon for him to receive.

Upon hearing no reply, Saeron cocked her head to the side to have a better look on his face. Jisung was looking down at his feet but his eyes followed hers as soon as it examined his. It felt like the world stopped for a second. Their gazes collided as if the rest were non-existent.

Saeron felt like her heart was going to pop out anytime soon- pounding faster than normal. She's never been so lost into someone's eyes, it was cold yet warm. Behind it all was held something no one knew. A past he never wanted to deem.

Their stares remained until Jisung cleared his throat- breaking it then backed away. Saeron did the same, a moment of silence then engulfed them. Jisung couldn't bring up any words as his mind had momentarily gone blank.

"So? You in for a drink- I mean coffee- drink coffee- yeah-" the girl continously stumbled upon her words but was interrupted by an unexpected reply. "Yeah sure," he said as calmly as possible- his own chest unwantedly beated as fast as her own.

Saeron's face brightened then started jumping in her place- like a child that'd just gotten her ice cream. Jisung stared as she continously jumped happily. He unconciously let put a chuckle which made the girl stop- his smile quickly replaced by a straight line.

"Let's go!" Saeron squealed, grabbing Jisung's hand then dragged him down the crowded space. Others definitely took notice of them. How their hands were clasped with each other's, how they've gone closer and all those little differences they've grown out of were being watched by everyone. Saeron never took this seriously, she's always been the centre of attention anyway.

Not that she's liking it, she just wants to learn not to care and live her life out of its judgemental society.

Once they reached the exit, Saeron continued to pull him towards the school gate but Jisung tucked her hands back- causing her body to jolt towards the back a little. She turned in confusion and Jisung sighed. "Let's just use my car," he nonchalantly said and the girl widened her eyes.

"You've got a car with you?" the boy nodded in return and she thought of it for a while. "Okay, then your car it is!" Saeron smiled widely- her nose scrunching in habit when she does so.

Jisung had never paid close attention to her features up until now. He never noticed the dimple that appeared on her cheek when she smiles, her nose that scrunched together inhabit when she laughs. It took the best of him, he started finding it- cute.

Saeron tucked his sleeves when she saw him- basically staring at her. Jisung then realized his actions, adverting his eyes to somewhere else but her. "U-uh yeah, it's not far from here," he stuttered and pointed towards his car that was a couple meters away. They both walked over towards his car- then drove off to her favorite cafe.

The bell that rang above the entrance- welcoming the two, followed by the scent of freshly brewed coffee to which they inhaled. Saeron's eyes gleamed upon seeing a variety of pastries that were neatly placed on display.

Jisung spotted an empty seat by the window so he urged her to take the available place. "You sit, I'll order," he said in a softer tone and the girl nodded. "Get me an order of iced americano!" she exclaimed before turning her body to walk towards the seat. Jisung scoffed. "Geez, do I look like the cashier to her," he thought then added a low chuckle.

Saeron sat herself on the chair as she unclinged her bag, putting it on the floor beside her. Their place was right beside a giant window so she gazed outside- looking at people pass by with smiles on their faces, as if nothing's bothering them at all.

She sighed before a presence interrupted her mindless thoughts. She looked to her right and was surprised to see the figure at the end of her table. Her eyes trailed up to his face, rolling her eyes as soon as she saw it.

"What do you want, Lee Donghyuck?" she retorted with her gaze out the window- not even sparing a glance to the now chuckling boy. "Not even a hello?" he raised his brows before mindlessly sitting on the empty chair infront of her- which was suppose to be Jisung's.

Saeron frowned at his actions. "It's occupied," she sternly said but Donghyuck mockingly nodded his head. "Yeah, I don't care," he folded his arms, causing the girl's blood boil. "Go away, Hyuck," she demanded once again- but of course he didn't listen. Donghyuck continued to lean his back on his chair and Saeron scoffed in annoyance.

"Oh my god, go bother someone else!" she silently yelled while rolling her eyes again, not wanting to ruin disturb the other customers- yet his existence ruined hers. Donghyuck ignored her comment by humming a tune- pissing Saeron even more.

She kicked his leg under the table and Donghyuck jolted then scowled at the sharp pain- cupping his knee caps. "Geez, how ignorant. Did that boyfriend of yours teach you to do such things?" he mocked and straightened his torso. Saeron clashed her brows hearing the word 'boyfriend'- cocking her head to the side.

"What? what boyfriend?" she said perplexed, having zero clue to whom he was referring to. Donghyuck scoffed in return, his eyes gazed out the window then back to her. "You know exactly who I'm talking about." he motioned his fingers and pointed towards her with attitude.

"No I don't, now will you stop bothering me and go?" Saeron was irritated at this point, and the boy mouthed a 'no' in reply. "Donghyuck, I swear I won't hesitate, " she once again insisted demanding, her blood slightly boiling upon his presence.

Donghyuck lowered his cap, slouching his body on the backrest- leaning his arm with the wooden plank that supported his torso behind him. "Or what?" he playfully lifted his brows with his head slightly tilted.
She opened her mouth to spill more threats before a voice interfered.

"Or her boyfriend's gonna kill you."

uuuuuuu who's her boyfriend🤭