Maglor- Redemption

Imagine searching for Maglor. It is a difficult thing since he is sure to leave little to no traces of himself. But your task has finally been accomplished when you find him in a small wood, at a surprisingly close distance to Lindon.

After much talking and no small amount of persuasiveness on your part, you are finally able to convince him that Elrond still wants to see him. And after a few more days he finally decides to go with you to Imladris.

Imagine Elrond's face when he sees his adopted Ada for the first time in ages. Imagine seeing Elrond topple Maglor over with the force of his bear hug.

Maglor lives in relative peace there  in Imladris. It is still hard for him sometimes, and is constantly plagued by guilt. Only made worse when visiting elves dare to abuse him because of their history with him. But still, peace it remains and on he lives.

He continues to live in Imladris until he has proven himself worthy. By not being tested once, but twice.

Imagine Maglor as he bumps into Bilbo just after his quest to Erebor. Aas the little Hobbit falls, a gold ring that looks like it would perfectly fit Maglor's hand, rolls out of his pocket and onto the ground.

His face is alarmed when he picks up the ring and sees pictures of the three silmarils and his family in his mind's eye. Nevertheless he is able to shake off the terrible vision and give Bilbo the ring back. The second trial is when he is called to the Council of Elrond (much to any Sindar's chagrin), where the pull for him to posses the ring was almost too great for him to bare. Imagine the agony that he had to suffer for those two months until the ring was gone.