11

It been almost a year I haven't updated. Life got in a way.

   *************

      Leo, dragged me out the room quietly. Many unsolved questions ran in my head in circles, we tip toed our way to hallway. "I hope no one hears us." I whispered in fear of being caught, "We won't if you stopped breathing so loud." Leo replied. I tip toed behind him not knowing where he's taking me. Just few minutes ago he told me he'll help me and now we just trying to tip toe our way into the living room in the darkness. It was late and school night that's why no one was awake, for the better. Just the thought of them makes me want to vomit, my stomach kept getting  anxious, Leo, stood in front window of the living room pointing at something, "There, sis. Do you see that?" He stated. I came closer and followed his finger at where he pointed. There..my eyes shined in hope, my escape exist. There was digged  hole between the fence of the garden that leads out and in, my eyes met Leo, "You did that?" I asked In curiosity. "Yes. But, I have to put all the dirt back we can't escape now." He held my hand and dragged me out to the garden. I scanned the garden, i was never allowed in the night. Bathed in the light of the sun, the moon was more beautiful than even the stars around. I always got moonstruck by how beautiful the moon is, by looking at it made me almost forget about the situation I was in."You said we? So you noticed that we are in danger? When? How?" We sat down in the grass, it was bit chilly. I didn't thought Leo would take a notice that we both were in danger cause he was convinced we were safe after all he was a child. I mean I can't blame him I'd probably do the same. "Yes.." he looked up not meeting my eyes, "i heard how they scream and treat each other and your words always comes to me 'They are bad! You have to wake up' but I didn't understand. Now I do. They different. But, sister tell me if they bad why it's hard to unlove them?" He mentioned but this time he looked at me. Honestly. I didn't know how to reply to him I was speechless, speechless that he came to his senses but what do I say to a child? What can I tell him to reassure him?

     "Because devils lie their way to came make themselves so easily lovable, but angels wait for you love them for who they are." I said in confused tone, was I clear or not? We sat in silence waiting for a response. He probably trying to understand what I said, I sighed in my stupidness. "Look. I know I'm stupid. Okay? Even I'm stuck here I'm really dumb. No one trained me into this situation." I hugged Leo, "I always been taught by our parents that education comes first. But, oh god I wasn't that smart. I tried my best. I focus on studying that I became so numb so dumb in this life. I wish I watched more movies so I could've figure a escape plan." I sighed defeated, "You following me?" I looked down at him to see if he understood anything that I was talking about, he nodded. I don't know what came over me, but I felt better talking."After mom and dad died I felt hopeless. I know you feel that too, Leo. I tried to be independent, I tried to fool everyone that I got this. But, I didn't. I was always alone. I followed my parents shadow and forgot the meaning of life. When I get a bit of attention I...I feel noticed." At this point I started to cry, " I had no one, Leo." My voice cracked, I hugged him tighter wishing this is just a dream, "I'm trapped in this place with a thought that they might hurt you. How can I save you if I'm that dumb? I get tricked easily. Look where we at...but looking at you gives me hope."  The greatest thing about me, my emotional warmth, isn't a flaw... it's a floor. It's the bedrock of who I am, of the person I was born to be. I'm soft, I'm vulnerable, I wear my heart for all to see

         "It's okay sister. Everything will be okay." Leo reassured me with tighter hug, he's voice sounded so sure. But, I didn't stop crying it just made me feel bad that he's suffering with me.

        "So, here's the plan." Leo broke the hug, "Tomorrow we escape, there's Halloween party at school and all teachers required to go." Leo stood up walked towards the hole and grabbed a shovel that was beside the dirt."At night we'll escape, but first we have to put the dirt back." He started to fill the hole with dirt so the plan won't fail when the morning comes so no suspension rises. "Did you come with this plan?" I walked towards him my arms folded, he was silent for a while.

       "Yes, and no." He kept on filling the hole with dirt not stopping to look at me.No? Maybe he saw this plan somewhere or at school where they let students watch a movie in projector. Wait what do they watch at school? Ugh, forget about it. I snatched the shovel from Leo, "You have to sleep you have school tomorrow. I'll finish it faster." I commented while putting the dirt back to hole but faster, Leo nodded and walked away with no questions asked. I watched him walk and thoughts came to me, is he growing up? He was always hard to convince to do anything nor listen to me, he would throw a tantrum but now he's well behaved. What do they feed him?

*********

Third Point Of View

The little boy made he's way to the dark hallway, he knew where he was going and it sure wasn't his bedroom. He had unfinished business and he had a deal with the devil, he was a puppet. But, how he'll know that? He's just a child. Leonardo, stood tall before the wooden door, he quietly turned to knob before letting himself in, "Hello?" He whispered in a hushed tone.

"Come in." A manly voice spoke welcoming him in a warm greeting, there he was sitting on the edge of his messy bed.

"I did what you asked." Leonardo innocently confessed, he walked towards the man. The man he trust, the man that calls himself 'friend' in this delusional household.

"Oh, little kitten. Soon we will be one big family." The man stood up and walked towards Leo, held him in a tight hug. After all that's what he wanted, Leo, a family. He had a deal with this man. If he ran away with his sister by this mans help they'll live happily ever after. That's what the devil told him, but there's no going back. Even if the apple tasted so sweet it's core is filled bitterness.

"Tomorrow night I'll return early with a car I'll wait for you, and (Y/N). We gonna live far away. Be a family. " he broke the embrace to show something to Leo, "But, for now read this before you sleep." He added with a book in his hand. Leonardo reached for the book for examining it in awestruck.

The devil had kept him occupied in reading in this madman's household. The boy needed distraction so he drowned him in books, Leo learned many words he he never heard of. That's what happens when you stuck with teachers.

"Now leave." He ordered him, without even a blink the boy left in a hurry of the new book held in his tiny hands.Leonardo loved the smell of a new unopened book, he loved the little details in the cover of the book and mostly he loved his friend. He wished his sister saw his point of view but he knew in couple of days she'll understand he's morals and views. The unknown man walked towards the window scanning for his girl, love of his life, admiring her from far away. He watched her as she hid the shovel behind the bushes as she exhaled a loud and weak sigh. He loved her to the point he was so determined to do anything even if it meant killing.

"If I can't have you then no one can."

***********************

March 29 2021
Hello it's yo author here!! Who do you think 'the man' is that Leo made a deal with? Any clues? And, thank you for telling me to update it means a lot to me. I love reading everyone's feed back. And, hey I just wanna say that I'm 18, ( I published this story when I was 16) now and I'm trying to live my life so if I haven't updated for a while just know that I'm somewhere enjoying the youth of life.