8

JENNIE

"Is this the new blue house?" Lisa chuckled upon hearing me

"No, Nini, we're not in the blue house; we're in my house." I was taken aback hearing her. This was her home? She called it a house, but it was more like a magnificent mansion!

"Wait, why are we here?" I asked, feeling confused at the sudden visit to her home.

"I told you we were going on a date... with my parents," she answered, causing my eyes to widen even further.

"Are you serious? This isn't a good joke," I nervously exclaimed. But Lisa just smiled at me.

"I'm not kidding, Nini. My parents are inside and they're expecting you tonight," she reassured me. I couldn't help but feel anxious. What if they didn't like me? I wasn't even dressed up; I was just wearing boyfriend jeans and a white off-shoulder top.

"L-Lisa, I'm not prepared, and look what I am wearing..." I started to say, but she interrupted me.

"Hey, you're okay. You look beautiful, and I'm sure my parents will love you," Lisa said, causing my cheeks to blush.

"Don't worry, I've got your back. So come on," she said, extending her hand to me. I hesitated at first but eventually accepted her hand. She interlaced our fingers and smiled at me, somehow making me feel more at ease. As we entered the house, my mouth dropped open in awe. I felt like stepping into a fairytale.

After a few moments, a tall man in his 60s emerged, accompanied by a woman who bore a striking resemblance to Lisa.

"Hey," Lisa greeted her parents and planted kisses on their cheeks.

"I'd like you to meet my soon-to-be wife, Jennie Kim. And Jennie, meet my stunning mother, as well as my sweet and handsome father," Lisa introduced me to them.