The Roof

Monday- after school

"Why, why why?" You pace the floor, hands over your head. "Nothing makes sense!"

"It's ok-" Sr. Chido begins to say before you cut him off.

"No! It's been three days since I started on this case and we still have no leads. Why am I here if I can't think of anything useful?" You throw your hands in the air, obviously frustrated. "We profiled one of the UNSUBs would inject himself into the investigation, but no one has, and local PD isn't doing shit!"

Grabbing your arms and holding you still, Sr. Chido looks you in the eyes. He studies you for a moment, seeing tears form in your glassy eyes. You don't curse much in front of your teacher, out of respect and he knows it. "What is this about?" He questions.

You try to wiggle out of Sr. Chido's grip, but he is stronger. Your tears form a river down your face, as you give up fighting Sr. Chido's strong grip, melting to the ground as you cry. Before you could hit the ground, Sr. Chido guides you up and pulls you into him, his arms wrapping around you in a hug.

Trying to soothe you, he holds you tight. He hates to see you so upset. "This is about Ana Thorp, huh." He asks in a whisper.

With your head deep in his chest, you nod, not saying a word. Sr. Chido holds you tighter, wishing he could get rid of all the bad you feel. Giving you all the time you need to grieve, he continues to hold you and let you cry. He rubs your back, doing his best to comfort you. Once you calm down, you slowly release the warm hug you were once in and raise your head. Wiping your tears away with your long sleeves, you cover your mouth and a bit of your nose in attempt to hide yourself from Sr. Chido. After crying, you always had a red nose and puffy lips, and not the cute kind.

Sr. Chido takes a seat on one of the desks behind him, patting the one next to him, inviting you to sit by him. "You don't need to hide from me, Y/n." He begins.

You slowly uncover your face and walk to sit next to Sr. Chido. "I'm sorry." You whisper, sitting down.

"Hey, you never need to apologize for showing emotion. I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to do so with me. Want to tell me what's wrong now?" Sr. Chido words comfort you. You feel safe opening up around him because he never judges you and is always patient, giving you time to open up when you're ready.

"Ana Thorp is the 5th victim. She reminds me of myself. W-What if I was her? I would be so scared. You all count on me to help with his case but another girl was kidnapped and who knows what the UNSUB will do to her." You begin to cry again, feeling this is your fault.

Sr. Chido looks at you with sad eyes, before placing a comforting hand on your shoulder. You didn't want to bother Sr. Chido with your excessive crying so you stand up, shaking Sr. Chido's hand off your shoulder, as you wipe the last of your tears.

"The team is coming in soon, I should... uh... I'm going to..."

"Y/n..." He tries to cut into your sentence.

"... I should..." You say, backing away, going towards the door.

"Y/n."

"...I'm going to..." With that you run out of the room, pushing past the FBI agent that stood guard of the door. With no destination in mind, you run through the empty hallways. Eventually, you make your way up to the third floor of school and to the roof. Hard rain and freezing winds hit you, as you walk out.