Chapter 26 (17 february)

Chapter 26

Two days after the wedding

HANNAHS POV

It’s a rainy Friday afternoon and Thomas and I are on our way to the court for Jenifer’s court case. It’s been two days since the ‘incident’ I have to try and forget it. Jenifer is probably going to jail anyway so there is no one to hurt us. We are five minutes away from court and it has been silent all the way. Thomas has gone a bit emo and has locked himself away. He doesn’t talk to anyone except me. He’s a bit upset about James. We arrived at the big building and I pulled my red jeep into the carpark. Thomas came round the side and opened my door, forcing a smile. He reached for my hand and I gladly accepted. I locked the car and we started walking. The walk felt like miles but really, it was only about 10 metres. We got to the door and was greeted by a judge.

“You are here for the trial of Miss Jenifer Lawrence?” he asked. I nodded my head and he pointed us to the left. We walked that way and reached a big door. We pushed the door open and walked into the room. We walked down the mini aisle until we reached he bench for us. We slid in and sat down.

“All rise” a voice spoke. The doors at the front opened up and the judge walked out. He sat down on his special seat and then we got to sit down. I looked up and saw Jenifer with two police officers either side. She saw me staring and smirked. I hate her so much. I turned my attention back to the judge who started speaking.

“We gather here today for the trial of Miss Jenifer Lawrence who will plead guilty or not guilty for the death of Mr James Sangster,” he started “could witness number one, Thomas Brodie-Sangster, brother of James please come to the stands.”

Thomas walked up to the box and took a seat.

“Thomas Sangster, Do you have any idea why Jenifer shot your brother?”

“Yes” He mumbled into the microphone

“Could you please explain to the jury and the court why she did so?” the judge asked. Thomas gave a small nod

“Jenifer has been sending death threats to me and my girlfriend, Hannah”” he pointed his hand to me “she has been doing this because of a past relationship between Jenifer and I. On the day of our wedding she shot him. It was him because I couldn’t make it in time”

The judge took a while to process this through his brain then eventually he replied.

“Thomas, did you like your brother?” he asked

“Yes. I loved him as family” Thomas’ eyes started to water

“Please step down from the Witness box” the judge told him. With that, Thomas stepped down and walked back to me.

“Jenifer Lawrence, do you plead guilty or not guilty to the death of James.” The Judge asked

“Jenifer Lawrence, do you plead guilty or not guilty to the death of James.” He repeated

“guilty.” Jenifer finally replied

“What was your intentional pan?” he asked

“To give revenge on Thomas” she smiled

“By.. By killing him?” the judge asked

“No, by giving him pain.” She replied

“With a gun???” he said

“Yes. No. Maybe” she mumbled “OKAY yes I was trying to kill Thomas.”

“Do you have a past experience killing people?” he asked

“Yes. My baby” she smiled

“And who was the father of this baby?” he asked

“Thomas” she replied

The whole room broke into dead silence and all heads turned to him. Is that true? Did Thomas have a baby with her? The judge had a small talk to the person next to him.

“Jenifer Lawrence, you have been sentenced to 5years in prison for murder and an additional 2years for man slaughter.” The judge hit his hammer on the bench.

The court was dismissed and we got to leave. We got outside and back into my jeep. Silence still….

A/N

Longest update I have ever done. I knw it is so boring but it as to be done so I’m sorry…

SPOIER ALERT

Next chapter will be a bit boring too- funeral

Thank you so much for 5.2K

-H