Prologue

It was unintentional. Utahime couldn't bring herself to look away; it felt like there was a force between them pulling her to him when all they were doing was looking at each other's eyes. She had no absolute clue who he was, but something about him felt familiar to her. There was no breaking the eye contact; neither of the two was going to back down.

All she could focus on was his eyes; she was starting to drown. She's never seen a set of blue eyes more serene than the ocean or more heavenly than the sky. Her admiration towards his eyes was becoming noticeable.

She started to get irritated as to why won't she look away or why none of them haven't moved an inch in the last few seconds. A mischievous grin formed on the boy's lips, causing Utahime to quickly avert her eyes somewhere as far as her sight can reach. The atmosphere was clouded by how awkward everything was.

'Who in their right mind would stare at strangers that long? Now you're looking like a creep, Utahime!' She mentally scolded herself.

"You know most girls would have been tucking their hair behind their ear and pout cutely when I make eye contact with them," he started. He casually put on his dark sunglasses, giving no access to Utahime to see his eyes again.

His words brought Utahime's attention back to him. "Do what?" Utahime asked, half confused and half weirded out by his introduction if that's even the first thing he says to people he meets.

The boy couldn't help but chuckle at her. "As much as I want to stay here and let you admire my god-like features, I have some places to go to." Waving off, he started to walk away without even waiting for her response. Utahime couldn't do anything but watch his back as he was already off in the distance.

She scoffed at what he just said. "Cocky bastard," she muttered under her breath. He was probably the most self-absorbed individual she has ever come across with. She swore to herself not to get involved with someone like him ever again.

******

After buying some refreshments for herself outside, she returned to school. It was a Tuesday and Utahime was in charge of cleaning their classroom. The task didn't bother her, in fact, it was one of her favorite routines to do after class as she gets the whole room for herself.

She happily hummed in the hallway, just two more turns until she reaches the room. Or so she thought.

"Utahime," Someone called from behind. This made her turn around and in just a brief second, she was already facing him, her head bowed down to exactly 45 degrees. "Yes, Yaga-sensei!" She greeted, respect evident in her voice. From her point of view, she noticed two pairs of shoes in front of her.

"We have a new student and I want you to show him around Tokyo Metropolitan Jujutsu Technical High School," Yaga-sensei informed her. Slowly, she raised her head to see who was the new student and Utahime cursed herself for doing so.

A smirk was the first thing she saw on the boy's face. 'Yeah, it's him,' she thought, devastated because she was right about it.