Chapter Fifteen: That doesn't turn me on

Utahime sat quietly on her window seat, the sketchbook Shoko gifted her laid flatly in front of her. It was a customized one, the cover's material was made of leather in the color of soft pink, her name was engraved in cursive, and it was secured by a lock. Just as she said last month, her gift arrived the day after her birthday.

In an attempt to scribble her thoughts into lines, shapes, and shadows, she flipped the pages backward, starting from her most recent drawings to the previous ones. Some of them were rough sketches — mostly scenes from a normal day a normal person would call it — where curses weren't seen, much less existed. A mother holding her child's hand as they waited for the stoplight, children playing tag by the park, high school students hanging out at a cafe. The others were colored and more personal, just like the sunset from yesterday, the stray cat she found behind the school gate, and, she didn't want to admit it, but she also drew Gojo's eyes from pure memory.

As she reached the first page, the picture of Shoko, Getou, and Gojo drawn in rough lines, smoothly smudged graphite and whatnot came to life. That day burned in her mind just as how every single stroke was etched on the paper.

Shoko was enthusiastic, a rare sight for Utahime, Gojo, and Getou. She was excited — beyond excited, to hand her gift to Utahime that she kept giggling and clapping both her hands. She couldn't contain her joy, Getou actually had to keep her feet to the ground by placing both his hands on her head. Well no, he just wanted to hold her, and this was the perfect opportunity.

Utahime held the sketchbook dearly in her hands — it felt delicate, special, thoughtful. First, Getou gifted her a mug from a famous coffeehouse he swore served the best cappuccino ever. She wasn't sure if he was exaggerating or that coffeehouse was that amazing, but she promised Getou to go with him sometime in the future.

Gojo, being the attention seeker he usually was, dragged Getou along with him and bolted out of Utahime's room. The two girls were left confused by his behavior but weren't surprised how he left off without leaving a word. A sigh escaped Shoko's lips and Utahime just shook her head.

When they returned, Shoko immediately fished for her phone inside her pocket and started taking pictures of the two nonstop, almost reaching the maximum storage but she couldn't care less. In front of her was something she never sees every day.

It was hilarious.

Standing by the door was Getou whose ears were turning red from embarrassment.

'Why did I have to get dragged into this shit?' He asked himself, ready to fight the man beside him in hand-to-hand combat. If it weren't for the girl in front of him who was openly clicking her camera. He posed a smile in some photos — a toothy one and a shy smirk. The power Shoko holds was so strong, she had no idea how she was affecting him badly.

Gojo proudly posed for the camera, his nose was in the air, flexing his biceps and winking at Utahime, who just scoffed, but he knew she was hiding her smile.

Who wouldn't?

They were wearing women's clothing. Getou was in a purple wrap dress with floral designs all over. The dress came to his knees, revealing how muscular his legs were, which just shows he never skipped leg day at the gym. Meanwhile, Gojo was in a black sleeveless knitted dress, his torso was well-toned, almost ripping the fabric, which explains why he left the zipper behind open.