Chapter 3: Sophie

Sophie Foster smiled to herself as she sat at her kitchen table the next morning for breakfast.

She was so glad that Saturday had come.

It had been a long week with too many breakdowns.

She still had homework, but at least she had one day off from everything.

Her parents were bustling around the house, getting her younger sister ready for a soccer game.

Sophie sat, pondering what she could do with her free Saturday.

She could bake something!

Although, most of the time the things she made turned out burnt, or on fire, or disgusting.

What could she do?

She made her way up the stairs to her bedroom, and slumped onto her bed.

She pulled out her iPhone and was checking up with everything when she got an Instagram dm from Keefe: If you had money, and the amount of money was your phone number, how much money would you have?

"What?" She asked herself, mentally translating what he was saying.

Oh, he wanted her phone number.

A small smile curled at the edge of her lips.

• • •

"Dinggg!" Went Sophie's phone 3 hours later.

It was a text from Keefe asking if she wanted to hangout at the park.

Agreeing, she grabbed her shoes and headed out the door.

As Sophie made her way towards the park, she noticed Keefe perched at the top of the playground waiting.

She rolled her eyes, but again, she couldn't help but smile.

He must've seen it, and smirked.

She could feel her face turning red as she quietly marched up the playground to join him.

"Took you long enough," said Keefe teasingly, "I've been waiting for hours!"

"Oh please," she returned, "I headed straight over here and it only took me five minutes."

He rolled his ice blue eyes and she punched him playfully.

"So... what are we waiting for? Let's play tag!" He tagged her and hopped off the playground. "You're it!"

She returned him with another eye roll, but yelled, "oh it's on!"

She hopped off too and ran for him, tagging his shoulder from behind as he tried to escape.

He was no match for her, she told herself as Keefe turned to scowl at her.

"That was fast."

I love the friendship starting to bloom. Please leave a vote if you liked this chapter! Thank you!!