Chapter 4

"And there we got the builders. They're very good with their hands... but not a lot going on upstairs", Newt explained, pointing to his brain. I giggled a bit, playfully smacking Newt's arm. " And then we got Winston... he's the Keeper of the Slicers." "HEY WINSTON", I shouted at him, knowing that it would bother him. He rolled his eyes and waved at me. " And we got two med-jacks, Clint and Jeff", Newt continued. "Hey, what's up?" "Yo, Newt. Sup Jules." "They spend most of their time fixing up the slicers." "what if I want to be a runner?", Thomas asked. "Have you listened to a word I just said. No one wants to be a runner, accept Jules, but she's weird." "I'm not weird you dick head. Plus i've been trying since i got here. Alby is very stubborn.", I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms. "and besides you gotta get chosen." "chosen by who?" Just as Thomas said that he bumped into Gally. Great this isn't gonna end well. "What do you say, Greenie? Wanna see what you're made of?", Gally challenged. Please say no. Please say no. "Greenie! Greenie! Greenie!", everyone chanted. Thomas looked at me and Newt before saying, "Okay. All right." "The rules are simple, Greenie. I try to push you out of the circle... you try to last more than five seconds." I rolled my eyes. "take it easy on him Gally." " Ready?" Gally and the greenie fought and Gally immediately pushed him down. "Get up, boy." "Come on, Greenie. We're not done yet", Gally taunted. "Stop calling me Greenie", Thomas said sternly. "Stop calling you that? What do you wanna be called? Shank? What do you think, boys? Does he look like a Shank?" Again, I rolled my eyes. "Come on!" "You know what? I think I've decided on Shank." Thomas pushed Gally and they continued fighting as I shook my head. "Oh!", someone shouted. "There you go, Greenie!" "Not bad for a Greenie, huh?", Thomas said. Gally pushed him forcefully to the ground reminding me of what he did when I arrived.

FLASHBACK

I stood in the circle with Gally. He went to punch me but I blocked it. I sweeped his leg, causing him to fall to the floor. He angrily got up and threw several more punches my way as I blocked each one. I punched him in the jaw and kicked him in the gut, almost sending him flying out of the circle. But he got up and charged at me, kicking my stomach hard and sending me tumbling back. The world was spinning as I landed on my back. I felt blood drip down my face from the rock I had hit when I tumbled backwards. The blood dripped from my lip and nose as I sat up slowly. It hurt so bad and I could feel the immense pain in my stomach. It was as if someone had thrown a ton of bricks at my stomach while I helplessly laid there. Newt came over to see if I was ok while Gally looked very nervous and almost felt bad. "you asshole", i whispered. Newt wrapped his arms around my body, pulling me into a gentle hug, so he wouldn't hurt me more. "let's go get you bandaged up, yeah?" "yea thanks Newt", I smiled, hugging him again. Gally apologized after and though i was still in a bit of pain i assured him that it was alright. He told me no one had ever beat him and he was upset and embarrassed. He also told me that if i told anyone, he would kill me. "Seems like you already almost did that huh." He looked at me and then the floor. 

END FLASHBACK

The boy laid helplessly on the ground before getting up. " Thomas. Thomas. Hey! Thomas! I remember my name. I'm Thomas! Thomas!", he shouted. He was so excited about remembering his name it was so cute. It made my heart melt. You can't like him you don't even remember him.  "Welcome home, Thomas." "Good job... Thomas." Suddenly there was a loud metallic sorta sound, causing me to jump a bit though i was fully aware of what it was. Thomas looked confused as the sound echoed throughout the glade. "What the hell was that?" "That, my friend, was a Griever. Don't worry, you're safe here with us. Nothing gets through the walls", Newt assured Thomas. "All right, GUYS- Let's tuck it in for the night. Come on. It was a good night", Alby said. "Good job, man. You're safe here with us." Thomas looked confused so I grabbed his hand. When he realized what had grabbed his hand, he turned red in the dim light of the fire that the other boys were putting out. "Come on Thomas. I'll show you your hammock." He smiled and followed as I brought him to where all the hammocks were. "here you are. If you need anything i'm right across from you." "thanks. Why do you stay in here with all the boys?" "oh uh...well. Gally offered to build my own place for me. But I didn't want them to have to do that all for me. Also..i like the company. I'd rather not sleep alone." "yea I understand. Well uh..goodnight Jules." "Good night Thomas", I replied, planting a kiss on his cheek. He turned red and mumbled good night again. I smiled, laying down in my hammock and soon enough, fell asleep.

hey guyss! so chapter 4 is heree! i hope you guys like it. sorry that the chapters are so short. but anyway i hope you like it. thanks for all the support and especially thank you for almost 40 reads. it means the world. i love you all and thanks for all the love and support. 

word count: 979 words