Chapter 11

We made our way out of the maze and back to the tent to talk to the other gladers. "We found this. It was inside a Griever. These are the same letters we get in our supplies. Yeah. Whoever put us here obviously made the Grievers. This is the first real clue, the first anything, you've found in over 3 years.Right, Minho?", Thomas explained, turning to Minho. "Right", Minho confirmed. "Newt, we gotta go back out there. Who knows where this might lead us", Thomas states. I smiled at him. He's gonna help us get out and I know it. "You see what he's trying to do, right? First he breaks our rules... and then he tries to convince us to abandon them totally. The rules are the only thing that have ever held us together. Why now are we questioning that? If Alby was here, you know he'd agree with me. This shank needs to be punished. Jules ran into the maze too. She should be punished too", Gally piped up. I rolled my eyes "Gally why don't you shut your dumb ass mouth you little-", I started but Newt pushed his hand in front of my mouth and spoke. " You're right. Thomas and Jules broke the rules. One night in the pit, and no food." I smiled. This is why Newt is one of my favorite boys here. "Come on, Newt! One night in the pit? Do you think that's gonna stop them from going  into the maze?" "No. And we can't just have non-runners running into the maze whenever they feel like it. So let's just make this official. Starting from tomorrow, you're both runners." My jaw dropped and I smiled giving Newt a big hug, practically squeezing the life out of him. "Wow." "thank you thank you thank you thank you!", I exclaimed, as Newt wrapped his arms around me tightly. "Gally...", Fry started reaching out for him as he walked away but he swatted his arm away. "nah, Fry." "Thanks, Newt", Thomas said thankfully. Newt smiled and nodded before whispering to me. "you are staying with Thomas or Minho the whole time, bunny." "fine. But stop calling me bunny it makes me sound like a 5 year old." "fine then baby face." "even worse!" "cutie? Firecracker?" "what's with you and the nicknames?", I huffed. "I don't know I want a cute nickname for you", he pouted. "fine. Those two are ok." "good", he smiled, kissing my head. I giggled, placing a kiss on his cheek before going outside the tent and hearing Thomas and Minho. "Hey, where are we going?", Thomas asked. "You'll see." I assumed they were going to the map room so I walked towards the med hack tent to check on...the girl. I honestly can't remember her name. I sat on the stool next to her bed while Jeff and Clint were helping Alby. The girls eyes opened and were immediately met with mine. "Jules?", she asked. Then her name came to me. "Teresa", I smiled, giving her a hug. "where are we?", she asked. "uh that's hard to explain. When Jeff heard us talking, he came to us. "she's awake." Teresa panicked and jumped up, grabbing my hand and dragging me outside with her. I ran alongside her, quicker than she ran. "where can we go?", she asked as the boys came closer. "the tower. Quick!" I climbed the ladder quickly and sat on top of the tower with Teresa. The boys surrounded the tower and started shouting up at us. "what do we do?", Teresa asked. I spotted a rock nearby and grabbed it. "the same thing I did the day I got here. Grab some rocks and sticks or whatever we can throw at them. Then aim and fire", I demonstrated, throwing a rock at Gally. He rubbed his head and looked up at me. He only really saw my eyes and my ponytail sticking up. I giggled as I threw something else down toward Winston. Both me and Teresa continued launching rocks at the boys heads as they grabbed things to cover their heads. I gave her a quick high five and we both smiled, continuously throwing rocks down on the boys.

THOMAS POV

Minho was showing me the maze map until someone came in and shouted "Hey!". "What are you guys doing? You're not allowed in here", Minho stated. "Sorry, it's just the,uhh. It's the girl." "Is she awake?", I asked. "You could say that." Minho and I ran outside and I immediately went to Chuck. "Chuck, what's going on?", I asked. "Girls are awesome", He smiled, pointing up at Jules and the girl in the tower. Of course Jules would be up there. She probably just wanted to throw things. "Leave me alone!", The girl shouted. "yea guys leave us alone", Jules smiled. Even from far away I could tell she was smiling. "Watch your head!" Jules raised up another rock, hitting Gally straight in the head. "Hey, throw one more of those things- Ow!" Gally was hit in the head again accept this time it was the other girl who had hit him. Jules gave her a high five before the girl shouted again. "Go away!" "We come in peace!" "What happened?", I asked. "Just duck!" "I don't think she likes us very much. Especially Jules she started all of this. Then again this is what she did when she first arrived so.." "What do you want from me?" " we just wanna talk." "I'm warning   you!" "go away boys!", Jules shouted at us. "Take cover, y'all! Take cover!" "Hey, it's Thomas! It's Thomas!", I shouted. Jules looked over at me and a smile spread across her face.

JULES POV

Thomas!?! I smiled, looking over the railing. My stomach erupted with butterflies. "hey Thomas", I smiled innocently. "I'm gonna come up, okay?", he said, mostly talking to Teresa. "one sec!", I shouted. "is it ok if Thomas comes up?", I asked. "yea. Do you like him?" she asked me. I turned red. "uh..i don't know..maybe. yes." "oooo", she teased. "she said you can come up", I called down to Thomas, trying to change the subject. "Just me. I'm coming up." I sat next to Teresa who pointed a stick at Thomas as he came up. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Okay, just...Easy, all right?", he said, coming to sit in front of Teresa. She spit out a million questions. "Where am I? What is this place? Why can't I remember anything?", she asked. "This is all normal. Okay? We've all been through  this. Okay? Your name will come back to you in a couple   of days. It's the one thing that..." "Teresa", she cut him off. " What did you say?", he asked. "My name. It's Teresa." "Teresa, I'm Thomas. And this is Jules. But you already knew that, though ,I guess, huh?"

heyyyy! so i just wanted to thank you all so very much for 115 reads!!!! it means the world. i honestly never thought that my book would get this many reads because it's not the best. i love you all so much and i am so thankful to all of you that have read my book. thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you! <3<3<3<3 

word count: 1218 words