Chapter 18

TIME SKIP

"This is such a waste", Gally says. I was being held with my arms behind my back by two of the boys. Teresa was also being held back as well. "Gally...It doesn't feel right, man", Winston said, as Gally turned to face him. I smiled. Of course Winston would be the one to stick up for us. "Yeah, what if Thomas and Jules are right? Maybe they can lead us home", Fry said, going to stand next to Winston. "We are home. Okay? I don't  wanna have to cross any more names off that wall", Gally told them. "oh but you can cross ours off and feel ok about it? Gally, I really liked you. I thought we could be friends. But you never accepted me. You were always so rude. I don't understand you ever", I told him, trying to break loose from the boys grip. "You really  think banishing us is gonna solve anything?", Teresa asked as the boy holding her held her tighter as if making sure she wouldn't escape. The two boys who held me back pulled me closer, holding me tighter so I couldn't escape. I think Gally was scared that I would get loose. But I honestly don't understand why two boys had to hold me back. "No. But this isn't a banishing. It's an offering." Just as Gally said that, the boys pushed both of us against the two out of three of the wooden poles that were there and began tying us up. "What? Wait! Gally, what are you doing?", Teresa exclaimed as the boy pushed her arms above her head and began wrapping rope around her hands. "You really think I'm gonna let Thomas back into the maze after what he has done? Look around you! Look at our Glade! This is the only way. And when the Greivers  get what they came here for... everything goes back to the way it was." I watched as Newt gave Minho the signal and I smiled in victory. "Are you listening to this? Why are you all just standing there? He's crazy!", Teresa exclaimed, following the plan. "You shut up", Gally told her. "If you stay here, the Grievers are going to come back. They're gonna come back, and they're gonna keep coming back... until you're all dead!", I told the boys who's faces seemed to turn from relieved to panicked. "Shut up! Tie him up! Do you hear me? I said tie him up!", Gally shouted. I looked at Thomas on the floor. He laid face down in the dirt and once again I grinned as the boys began to grab Thomas. They get him halfway off the ground before he hits one boy in the stomach and grabs his pokey stick (still have no idea what it's called lol). He used that to hit the other boy on the head and knock him to the floor. Newt pulled out his sword thing (oml idk what i'm even saying) as I leaned against the pole, lifting both feet off the ground and kicking both boys in the gut. Teresa kicked the boy in front of her while Minho pointed his sword (yea i'm just gonna go with that) at Gally. Fry chopped both mine and Teresa's ropes and we all stood in front of the maze doors as Chuck came with the supplies. "You're full of surprises, aren't you?", Gally asked, scoffing. "You don't have to come with us, but we are leaving. Anyone else who wants to come, now is your last chance", Thomas told all the remaining boys. "Don't listen to him, he's just trying to scare you." "No, I'm not trying to scare you. You're already scared. I'm scared. But I'd rather risk my life out there than spending the rest of it in here. We don't belong here.This place isn't our home. We were put here. We were trapped here. At least, out there we have a choice. We can make it out of here. I know that". I smiled as some boys came with us. "I'm sorry. Gally, it's over. Just come with us", I said. He shook his head. "Good luck against the Grievers", he spat. Well..bye glade. Nice seeing you...not. "Everybody, this way! Keep it up, guys, we're almost there!", Thomas shouted as everyone followed him through the maze. Thomas led the way while Minho and I followed behind him. There was a loud metallic roaring noise as we all stopped by the griever hole. "Is it a Griever?" "Yeah", I replied quietly. "Shit", Thomas whispered. "You take this, Chuck. Stay behind us", I told Chuck, handing him the key. Chuck gave me a nervous and uneasy look. Thomas noticed and spoke. "It's okay. Just stick with me. Once we're through, it will activate and the door will open. We stay close, we stick together... we get through  this. We get out now...or we die trying. Ready?" Everyone gave a nod of approval causing Thomas to grin. "All right. Let's go!", he shouted as we all ran toward the grievers. "Get up, look out!" "Push it!" "Look out!" Chuck accident dropped the key, sending it rolling toward the edge. "The key!Chuck!  Watch the edge!" Chuck ran after it , grabbing it before it fell over but then screamed. "Oh, no." "I got you, Chuck!", I said, grabbing his legs and pulling him. "Pull me up!" "i'm trying!" "Come on!" I pulled him up as he shouted to Thomas who was fighting off a griever. "Thomas! Thomas!", he shouted frantically. "Chuck?" "We got more coming!", Chuck warned. "Keep it steady, guys!", Thomas ordered. Oh god I hope we don't die. Chuck ran toward the wall as I followed beside him. "It works!", he yelled. I ran inside with him as Thomas called to Teresa. "Teresa, go!" We looked at the thing in front of us, continuing to walk toward the hole in the wall. There were shouts from the boys but I wasn't paying any attention to that, I was focused on the door. Chuck pushed on it hoping it would open up. "It won't open!" Then I noticed that there was a code. "Thomas! There's a code! Eight numbers!," I called to him. "Eight sections of the maze", I whispered. Thomas seemed to be thinking the same thing since he shouted to Minho as he continued to fight off a griever. "Hey, Minho! What's the sequence?", I heard Thomas shout. "What?" "The sections of the maze, what's the sequence?", he repeated. "Seven! One! Five! Two! Six! Four!", Minho started but didn't finish. There was more shouts as Teresa punched in the numbers Minho gave. "There's two numbers missing", she said. "give them a minute i'm sure Minho will give the rest to us in a minute ", I assured her. "What's the sequence? Come on!", Thomas shouted over everyone else. "Six! Four! Eight! Three! You got it?", Minho finished. Teresa punched in the last two digits as we patiently waited for the door to open. "Keep holding!" "Almost there, come on!" The grievers were closed off by the door shutting as the door opened"The door opened! Come on!" We ran through what looked like a hallway which led us to a lab full of people's bodies.

heyy! so thanks for 218 reads it means the world. I hope you enjoyed the two chapters. So the book is almost finished but there will be a second book based on the scorch trials so yayyy! I'm so happy and thankful for all the reads and to all the people who enjoy the book! love you all!

word count: 1271 words