Chapter 5 - Back to reality

My power vanished on my 18th birthday. To the present day I have not been able to figure out why or how this happened but I'm starting to doubt if this even happened or was it all a figment of my imagination. Whichever it was, I knew that something was taken away from me and that power had become part of who I was. This absence of this miraculous gift that was never deserved on my part had left me now with a feeling of shallowness and incompleteness. My sense of disorientation and confusion was reflected in my everyday life. I often sat in class with an empty brain not being able to concentrate or register what the people around tell me. "Anna, you seem really off lately.", Said my friend group in unison. As I was abruptly pulled out of my thoughts, I nodded slowly partially recording their sense of worry. "You know what? You should come to the Yungblud concert tomorrow night!" exclaimed my closest friend Luna. She has always been my support rock through thick and thin and over the past months we have grown further apart but I'm convinced that we are friend soulmates for life. No matter how far apart we are we will always find a way to care for each other. "Yeah, Anna!" "It will be good for you!", chimed the girls. Finally meeting my idol in person! I've always dreamed of this, but I was always too scared to make an appearance in such a big public gathering as a concert. I made up my mind irrationally which is very unlike me and said "yes, why not!", "But I really hope you babes are right". I will just have to wait and see if their words are an empty promise.