Ch. 9

Ch. 9

Eric and Buddy had let go of each other for the fourth time, Buddy had sighed happily and Eric was so entranced in Buddy's eyes that he aimlessly played with Buddy's hair.

"I just realized how..." Buddy said and broke the gaze by looking out the windshield, "exposed we are." They were in the parking lot of the movie theater, people were walking by just a few feet away. He looks back into Eric's eyes. Eric lightly touched Buddy's forehead with his own, "I don't care." He whispered.

Buddy smiled and exhaled through his nose and closed his eyes, trying to take in the moment for as long as he could.

1 WEEK EARLIER

Eric's POV

P.E. today was actually nice because Coach gave us punching bags and boxing gloves to work on core strength. While I am not strong, letting out my frustration from the angry static in my brain was nice. Being able to hit something and yell to get it all out was therapeutic. I was actually exhausted, my arms were sore. Because I was so lost in it, class went by surprisingly quick. The bell ringing indicating that school was out surprised me.

I came back to and remembered Buddy and I were gonna do something right now. I asked him to decide for us what to do and he agreed. He didn't tell me so I'm dying to know what he picked.

I got changed as fast as I possibly could and fast walked through the hallway to meet up with Buddy. We agreed to meet outside at the front entrance.

I could see the door in the distance, they were propped open but a mass of students were leaving all at once so I couldn't see if Buddy was outside.

I finally made it, weaving through the crowd of teens, I made it through the entrance. There was Buddy, pacing back and forth with his fists clenched together like he was fist bumping himself. He looked nervous.

He finally saw me, "Hey," he says with his eye closing smile. "you ready to go?"

I smile back, "Yeah."

His smile grew bigger and he begins walking to his car, I could see the shiny red car in the distance, I forgot how sweet of a ride he had.

I follow alongside him, "So, where are we going?" I asked and shoved my hands into my jacket pockets.

"You'll see." He says side eyeing me with a mischievous smile.

"What's that look for?" I ask, now I have to know.

"Hey, you said to surprise you, so that's what I'm doing." He puts up defensive hands.

I laugh, "Okay fine."

Buddy unlocks his car. It's a little water stained from the rain, and by the looks of the clouds rolling in, it's going to rain again. I hope Buddy chose an indoor activity.

My car was still parked by the exit, I'll get it later. I don't even care about the Vista Cruiser right now.

Buddy turns the engine and turns up the radio. A commercial was playing. He gives me a quick smile and drives off.

-

We drove for about 15 minutes until I ran out of mental guesses of where we could possibly be going. We passed the Hub, Fatso Burger was the opposite direction, the movie theater was on the other side of town, I had no idea where he was taking me. The more we drove the less houses I saw and the more trees there were.

"Alright, are you taking me somewhere to murder me? I have no idea where we're headed." I say now hoping he'll just tell me.

He laughs at my stupid attempt to break him, "Eric, you have to trust me. I'm not going to kill you I promise." He says still looking at the road ahead of him.