chapter twenty nine

k e e f e   s e n c e n

"you can't wear that." fitz told keefe. dex, keefe, and fitz were all at everglen getting ready for sophie's birthday party that evening. it was eight o'clock and it started at nine, but they were to get there no earlier than nine thirty. fitz insisted on entering "fashionably late" as biana called it.

"why not? scared of a little competition with the ladies?" keefe wiggled his eyebrows and did a little shimmy. fitz threw a pillow at him, he was lounging on his bed while dex and keefe were messing around in the connecting bathroom. 

"hey!" keefe complained. he was perfecting the last touches on his hair but the pillow to his head had messed him up. "if you want to have time to get pizza before the party, i suggest refraining from doing that again." dex gave fitz a look of desperation, no one took longer on hair care than keefe, including biana. 

fitz rolled his eyes, his way of agreeing. "anyways, why can't i wear this?" keefe had on a white oxford shirt, loosely buttoned, and a pair of blue jeans. nights in boston, in june, were pretty cool. 

"it's white." he pointed out. 

"so?" dex and fitz looked at each other, not amused. then it clicked "i see what you're saying. so hypothetically, if someone were to accidentally throw a drink on my shirt, my hot bod" keefe gestured to his abs "would be exposed." 

"keefe if you dance too hard your sweat is going to make that see through." dex said disparagingly.  

"eh. the girls need a little eye candy." keefe smirked. dex rolled his eyes. 

"what shirt do you guys think i should wear?" dex held up a periwinkle polo and a blue and white striped one. fitz and keefe both pointed to the first. dex nodded and pulled it over his head then tossed the other onto his bag. 

"i still have sand in my shoes." fitz groaned. he dumped out a mound onto his floor. the seniors covered the halls and classrooms of foxfire high with sand for aloha day. last night fitz let the football and baseball team in from the gym and they spent hours covering every inch of the floor. the teachers were pissed but the freshmen and sophomores loved it. the juniors weren't impressed after the senior pranks from last year, but they were probably just threatened this senior class would create an unbeatable prank. 

"thanks for helping dex." keefe said sarcastically.

"i was at a family thing!" he defended. 

"right. with sencen's girlfriend." fitz snickered. "bet you're excited to see her tonight." he turned to keefe. "she'll probably stop talking to you when you have to go bald." 

"you said i could get a buzz cut." keefe clarified. "and this hair isn't going anywhere." he gave it a last fluff and bounded onto fitz's bed. "i'm ready when you guys are."

"great. you wanna grab a few bottles from the basement?" fitz asked.

"sure. your parents home?"