Chapter 41: Dancing in the Dark

__

A/N: Quick author's note. Someone recommended my story on Tik Tok and it MADE MY DAY. Just if any of you want to follow me on Tik Tok, my user is @ allixiler. I don't really post much, but I'm on it all the time if you ever want to come say hi or send a Tik Tok! (Be cautious of this because I'll start sending them back HAHAHA) Also, I'm not even going to attempt to write out Hagrid's accent in full. I don't want to botch it HAHAH.

"I suppose we should call it a night, yes?"

__

The morning sun was blinding in your eyes as it peeked through the crack in the curtains. The sun was rising over Hogwarts to signal the start of a new day and a fresh Saturday. Your eyelids peered open, a disgruntled groan rumbling from your chest from being woken up so early. The chill had returned into Severus' bedroom since the fire in the fireplace had been put out from the night before. While it was surely cozy, Severus' shirt didn't offer your body much warmth.

You tugged at the black silk sheets that had fallen from your body to drape them over your cooled skin. That was one thing about Snape that you couldn't stand. He kept it miserably freezing in all of his spaces. However, you were pretty sure that now he kept the temperature so low because you had a tendency to snuggle up to him when you were cold.

Severus thrived off of physical touch. As time went along, you noticed his hands on you more and more. Only a fraction of the time was it in a sexual way. Severus believed that if he could feel it and see it, then it must really be there. It strengthened connections as far as he knew, and he surely wanted his connection to be as strong as possible when it came to you.

Not to mention, you were so desirable that he couldn't help but feel your grace

Severus was sleeping as soundly as ever, long wisps of his black hair were strewn...well, everywhere. You could only catch a glimpse of his eyes that were hidden beneath the cover of his hair. You were still wrapped up in his hold from when you had gone to bed, your torso pressed against his. Your fingertips were light as you brushed the locks from his face to reveal his peaceful expression.

There had been many mornings where you had the opportunity to graze over his features. You would often study the parts and details of his face that others didn't care enough to notice. You adored the way his cheekbones were rather sunken in, and how his pale face only seemed to have a rosy tint when you were around.

Severus had only mentioned in passing once before how he hated his nose and how it seemed to stick out (literally) more than the rest of his face. It didn't take you long to determine that he was embarrassed of his nose, and sometimes he tried to hide it from you if he saw you looking. Severus was an insecure person. He wasn't very confident when it came to himself. No matter how many times you assured him he was perfect the way he was, you still caught him taking long looks in the mirror and in the glass of a window when he walked by.

He just couldn't seem to fathom how a girl as beautiful as you could find him attractive.

Severus had always had a bit of a sixth sense as far as being able to know when people were looking at him, which is why he was pulled from his slumber. He shifted around you, his eyes opening and squinting shut again when the harsh morning light hit his vision. He groaned at the feeling of his joints creaking and cracking when he moved. His subconscious suspicions were proven correct when he noticed you smiling at him cheekily.

"Are you staring at me again?" He asked with a groggy voice, referring to how this wasn't the first time he had been woken up this way.

You shrugged.