Epilogue

__

"Hopefully someone as wonderful as you."

__

It had been exactly five months since you had graduated from Hogwarts and moved in with Severus.

His house was practically in the middle of nowhere, his nearest neighbor wasn't exactly a stone's throw away. His house was honestly larger than you had expected. It had two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a full sized kitchen, living room, and office space.

Despite all the room that he had, the only rooms that looked consistently occupied were his study and his bedroom. It struck as odd at first, but then you realized that he never had anyone to share his house with until now. So, it was only natural that the house wasn't exactly broken in. Severus had gotten shy when he was showing you around, admitting that it wasn't much to look at considering all the empty space. But you didn't care in the slightest if it wasn't exactly decked out in decor.

It was home.

It was the middle of May now, spring was in full effect and summer wasn't far away. You and Severus had been together for a year and a half, and now you had just officially committed to spending the rest of your life with him.

Music played overhead, the melody floating through the air and filling the room with sweet sounds. Severus' left hand was resting on the small of your back, the cold metal of his wedding band could be felt through the material of your dress. His other hand was placed on your hip, rubbing gentle circles and fingertips dancing along to the notes. Severus always looked handsome, but tonight he looked even more stunning. He was wearing his finest suit (all black, considering that he would never be caught dead in white) and he was dressed out to perfection.

Your feet moved together in sync with his, each step was as impressive as the last.

"You know, dancing in front of everyone isn't as weird as I thought it would be." You said lowly to your husband.

Severus chuckled, his quiet tone matching yours.

"I would surely hope not. This isn't the first time we've done so." He pointed out.

"Yeah, but everyone else was dancing then. If you haven't noticed, we're the only ones now." You smirked.

You had to admit, you were a little hesitant for the whole "first dance as husband and wife" thing. It seemed a bit out there to you to have to dance on an empty dance floor while everyone watched, but it was strangely natural for the both of you. Severus took a brief gander around at the seemingly small crowd.

Neither of you had wanted a huge wedding, only your closest friends and people that you loved. You had been extremely popular at Hogwarts, and if you had invited every single person that you were friendly with, you'd probably end up having the entire school there. McGonagall couldn't help but shed some tears during the wedding ceremony, her heart full from seeing her dear friend finally finding his happiness. Sprout and Flitwick weren't as close with Severus as McGonagall, but they were still as happy for him as ever.

You kept your promise to Alicia as always. She was the first person to receive an invitation, and she was thrilled to be your maid of honor, even taking time out of her busy Quidditch schedule to be there for you. Alicia had dreamed of the day that she'd get to see you get married, and now that it was real, it was everything she could've hoped for.

George and Fred wouldn't have missed your wedding for even the most daring prank in the world. You had been a little nervous about inviting them, and had even scolded them a bit to keep them from stirring up trouble. They promised to be on their best behavior, because they were a little more scared of what Snape might do rather than you.