Chapter 6 - Emily

Emily looks around, making sure no one is watching her, fearing the press would be onto her. As if she did anything wrong. Well, maybe she did.

She takes one deep breath, and walks into the revolving doors of the J. Edgar Hoover Building.

She checks in with security in the lobby, and is escorted up to a conference room on the third floor. No one is there.

She is told to sit tight, as Agent Blackwell would be with her shortly.

She takes a look around, realizing that she had never really been in the headquarters before, when it hit her that this was Hannah's ground. Tears well up in her eyes, as she remembers the exact moment that she was told about Hannah's death.

A knock on the door interrupts her moment of grief, as a man, in full-on suit and tie, walks in.

"Agent Blackwell," he says, introducing himself as he extends his hand towards Emily.

"Emily Rhodes," Emily replies, shaking his hand.

"Let's get started, shall we? As I mentioned in my voicemail this morning, this is just a standard routine to verify what you have told us, and mostly to clear your name from all of this."

Emily nods, fearing that anything she'd say would put her in jeopardy of trouble, especially when she was under oath.

Agent Blackwell could see how tense Emily was being.

"Why don't you start by telling me everything you know, from the beginning?"

She takes in a deep breath, and begins to tell Blackwell about how she had just came back to D.C. after she resigned, and President Kirkman had just reinstated her in the White House. That was when she had heard that the President had asked Lorraine to manage his campaign, and she declined, choosing to run Moss' instead. Not even a day later, Lorraine was suddenly Tom's campaign manager. Something about Lorraine felt off to Emily, and she decided to move over to the campaign to ensure nothing unethical was going on. She admitted that she was the source of Moss' Alzheimer's leak, although it was Lorraine who had swiped his spoon and ran the tests.

Agent Blackwell confirmed that it wasn't ethical, but it also wasn't illegal, since Lorraine had it done in a state which this was allowed.
Emily continued on, with how, all along the campaign, she had suspected a mole on Moss' side that was leaking information to Lorraine, but didn't have any substantial proof to back it up. At the end of the campaign, however, Dante found out that Lorraine was utilizing Pegasus to tap in on Moss' conversations, so she logged onto Lorraine's computer and found the Pegasus files.

"And President Kirkman had no knowledge of any of this?" Blackwell asked.

"No, not until I showed him the Pegasus files the night before yesterday," Emily pauses, "am I in any legal trouble here?"

Blackwell replied, "Normally, hacking into someone's computer is highly illegal, but we wouldn't have known about the misdoings if you hadn't found the files, and, it was also an office computer, so you have nothing to worry about, Ms. Rhodes. We will continue with Lorraine's investigation, and deal with President Kirkman on our end. Thank you for your cooperation, you are free to go."

Agent Blackwell stands up, and leaves the conference room, as a security guard comes in and escorts Emily back into the lobby.
She was free, actually free now.

What next?

She takes in one last deep breath, and leaves the FBI headquarters.

She walks out to see Aaron sitting on a  bench outside the building with a disguise shielding his identity.

"What's going on, Emily?"