✧5✧

Ranboo hadn't woken up from his sleep, not even after the storm had left its mark and replaced the sky with clear blue weather- leaving the previous cold nights to be traded with dry stuffy ones. Salt from the ocean stirred on your skin uncomfortably, the water all but evaporated by now. You had rested the old sail on Ranboo's body to prevent any more rain from reaching him, his body snuggled into the material.

It was ghostly quiet above, not a peep escaping from any floorboard above to give away any signs of life. Even the rats hadn't dared to move, the absence of tapping from their little feet strange. The sway of the boat had settled into gentle movements once more, white caps but a distant memory along the sides of the ship.

Ranboo's skin had been hot to the touch when you had first seen him stumble down: now, his head rested on your leg, the water on his skin taken care of. His breathing had become steady compared to his previous pained gasps, and his skin had healed any damage caused by the water.

A groan came from Ranboo, disturbing you from your rest.

You cracked your eyes open to watch the hybrid sit up, hands coming to rub the sleep from his eyes. His white shirt had gotten dirty from the ground, staining the soft fabric, but he didn't seem to care. Watching as Ranboo lifted his hands to his face, the hybrid gently touched the skin of his cheeks, nose, anywhere that had been touched by water. Once finished checking himself, he let out a sigh, turning his head to glance at you.

"Morning." You yawned, stretching your limbs and enjoying the sensation of your muscles shifting from their stiff position. Ranboo quickly stood on his two feet, gaze locking onto the fabric beside your body.

"What happened last night?" His voice was quiet, as if not to disturb the growing silence of the ocean.

"There was a storm. Waves pushed the boat off course probably, and judging by the yelling, the Capitan wanted you to keep pushing forward."

Ranboo nodded, rubbing his arm with a slight embarrassment. "Did....how did I end up down here?"

You shrugged. "Not sure, you just tumbled down the trapdoor, soaking wet. I figured you couldn't handle water, so I tried my best in keeping your dry."

The hybrid pondered over your words, although he already trusted you with each word. The memory of rain pelting his skin sent shivers down his spine, the liquid burning his nerves all throughout his body before his mind went dark- blocking out the pain in means to prevent psychological damage. He shrugged off the sail acting as a blanket and rolled his shoulders, letting a tired sigh escape his lips.

However when he looked at you, he could vividly remember how your hands gently went over his skin, taking care of him at his weakest. A fuzzy warmth spread over his face while he looked away, red and green eye flickering to anywhere other than your face.

"Thank you, (y/n)." He mumbled, scratching his cheek. The pink on his face made you chuckle, causing the colour to grow.

Letting the rest of your laugh trail off, you observed Ranboo's hand digging into his pocket, lingering there as he spoke. "I was told to hide when the rain came, for the Capitan knew I couldn't work in the water, yet he was too distracted yelling at someone else, that he didn't even notice me."

A glint of metal caught your eye, watching as Ranboo pulled out a key from his pocket- the same one Malek used to lock you down here.

The ringing in your ears grew tenfold, heart beating out of your chest as Ranboo approached you with the key, kneeling down and slotting the metal into the lock. With a twist of his hand, the pressure along your wrists clanked against the floorboards, letting your arms finally raise without the constraints.