✧8✧

Ranboo had been awake when you returned, the hybrid seen pacing around the couch he slept on in a nervous walk. He had been fumbling with his hands while buried in his concerned thoughts about your whereabouts, doubt seeding into his heart that you had finally had enough of him and left.

So when he saw you return through the broken window, he couldn't help but to run up to you, concern swirling in his glowing hues.

"Are you alright?" Was the first thing he asked, eyes looking for any signs of injury. His concern made your heart melt, raising your hand to ruffle the hair atop his head in reassurance.

"I'm fine Ranboo, and look," you handed him the loaf of bread given to you by the bakers, the dough still warm from the oven. "I got you some food."

Pressing the bread into his hands, you watched as he brought the loaf to his face, smelling the delicious scent it gave off. He broke off a piece and placed it in his mouth, shoulders relaxing as he calmly chewed the bread. " 's so good." He spoke with a mouthful, closing his eyes to savour the taste.

You let out a laugh at his reaction, trying your best to ignore the growing hunger in your own stomach. It didn't really work out- for a rumble of protest elicited from your gut, causing both you and Ranboo to flush in embarrassment.

Without a word, Ranboo broke off another piece of the bread, passing the larger section to you with no hesitation in his movements.

"I- Ranboo, you need your energy." You tried to explain. When he saw that you wouldn't take bread, he instead held it to your mouth, not once breaking his gaze from your face. There was no way he was going to allow you to continue without a proper meal. The smell of bread hitting your nose made your mouth water, hands reaching up to finally take the bread out of his grasp.

With a satisfied nod, Ranboo took a bite out of the chunk of bread he tore off, eyeing you to make sure you ate your portion as well. There was no need to tell you twice, finally taking a bite of the bread yourself. Nearly instantly your stomach let out a satisfied growl, thankful to eat something other than bruised apples or soggy crackers.

"How did you manage to get this?" Ranboo's ears flicked with his question, stuffing the last bite of his bread in his mouth.

"I stumbled upon some nice people-" you started, splitting another piece of the rather large loaf of bread and handing it to Ranboo- who graciously accepted the food. "They wanted to meet you, actually. So I figured we could go visit them soon."

"Do you trust them?"

"I would probably in chains again if they wanted to hand me in." You chimed, thinking about just how Fundy could probably have easily overpowered you. And if Puffy hadn't intervened, you probably would have ended up with a few up with a few bite marks from the fox hybrid.

"Then I trust them too, so long as they don't try and bring us back to the pirates." He chuckled, eyeing you as the last piece of bread disappeared behind your lips. You savoured the lightly fluffed bread before wiping your mouth with your sleeve, satisfied with just how wonderfully baked the treat was. Fundy and Puffy had surely made quite a wonderful product.

There wasn't anything for you to bring to the bakery, and with the sun sill just barley grazing the tops of the hills, the city had still been quiet along the streets aside from the song of waking birds. Ranboo followed you as closely as he could through the maze of tall buildings, noting how more and more smoke began to tumble out of the chimneys above. The city was waking and soon to be bustling with life, and you didn't want to be caught within those crowds that may hide the pirates you escaped.

Turning another corner, the bakery came into view. The building had been tucked away in the small corners of the much larger structures within the city, small plants and flowers decorating the windowsills with a beautiful array of colours. You lead the Enderman hybrid through the front door this time, listening to the bell above chime, announcing your presence.