Chapter 6- No Denying These Feelings

Cara, Melody, and I pulled up outside Loser’s bar in Nashville and I went into panic mode. I meet Cara and Melody after I moved to Nashville from Georgia. They know I dated a guy named Luke, but they have no clue it is Luke Bryan. I can’t believe I am going to see Luke again. I haven’t seen or talked to him in at least five years. Not since we broke up.

“Caroline, calm down,” Cara said to me, “It’s just Luke Bryan. Whoever that is.”

“But it’s because it is Luke,” I told her, “It’s the Luke.”

“That Luke? The Luke you broke up with while you were in college?” Melody asked in shock.

“Yes. He’s that Luke,” I confessed to my friends.

“Were you even going to tell us?” Cara asked.

“No. Yes. I don’t know. I just thought I could do this,” I told them.

“You thought you could go into the meet and greet and see him and still keep it from us?” Melody asked.

“I guess,” I said as I opened the car door.

“Did you really win the meet and greet passes or did Luke send them to you?” Cara asked.

“Yes I won them. I haven’t so much as talked to Luke since we broke up,” I told her as we walked to the door.

“We have meet and greet passes. Where do we need to go?” Melody asked as we all held up our passes.

“Go to the left of the bar and there will be a security guard there that will tell you where to go,” the bouncer said as he ushered us through the door.

We walked through the bar and made it to a room with about then other people waiting for the meet and greet with Luke. I can’t believe how nervous I am. It’s not like it’s the first time I’ve seen him. Get your shit together Caroline. He’s just your ex. As soon as Luke walked through the door our eyes met. He hadn’t changed at all in the past five years. He was still wearing that green KMC hat and a plaid button down shirt. How can he have this effect on me still?

“Caroline, you are sweating. Are you that nervous?” Cara asked me, but I couldn’t pull my eyes away from Luke, so I just shook my head.

“She’s got it bad,” Melody said catching my attention.

“I’m fine. I’ll do just fine,” I said as I finally turned towards my friends as the line starting moving towards Luke.

“You are going to completely flip,” Cara predicted.

“I am not. Ya’ll don’t give me enough credit,” I complained.

“We just know you,” Melody said, “Seriously, Caroline, you are shaking.”

I looked down at my hands. She was right. I was shaking and sweating. I was nervous. Cara and Melody went before me. Now, I was up. I walked up to Luke and my friends were standing behind me. I just stared at him. I couldn’t talk.

“Are you going to say anything, Caroline or are you going to just blush?” Luke asked me as I looked down at my feet, embarrassed that I was blushing.

“How have you been?” I asked as I finally look up. Luke was shaking and sweating like crazy. I couldn’t help smiling after noticing how nervous he was.

“I…I…I’ve been… goo…good,” Luke stuttered.

“Ahhh,” I screamed as I got pushed into Luke. He caught me in his arms. Wow, did it feel good to be back into his arms again.

“You okay?” Luke asked me barely audible.

“I’m good,” I said as he let me go.

“Will you wait for me? I really want to talk to you?” Luke asked me as a woman with curly auburn hair told him it was time to go.