15. The wedding {pt.2}

Discalimer: I do not own any of the characters, objects etc in this story all credit is to J.K.Rowling, however I do own Gabriella (Gabs) and Emma (Ems). This book does contain spoilers so if you would not like them dont read yet!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ladies and Gentlemen" The small wizard called bringing me back to reality, as I smiled at what I had just thought. "If you could all please stand up" he called out as everyone stood up and I noticed George was still holding my hand. The seats flew calmly into the air as a canopy with golden poles appeared. I looked over to the podium and there was a microphone, with no doubt where I would be standing in a few minutes time. Waiter then appeared on all sides with silver trays that had sandwiches and small pastries on. 

"Well I better get up there. I'm supposed to be singing when Fleur and Bill take their first dance." I said looking at all the others. 

"You're going to be brilliant!" Harry exclaimed giving me a reassuring smile as I smiled back. 

"Thank you, well um George I might need my hand back" I said looking at George; he then noticed our hands and smirked. 

"Why don't I sing with you? We could do a duet" He said making me laugh. 

"Good try Georgie, just make sure you save me a dance" I said looking at him and winking. He then let go of hand, as I felt the warmth leave my hand. I wanted to take his hand again but I restrained myself and headed to the podium. Everyone was chatting amongst one another, I breathed once and spoke into the mic. "Urr hello everyone" I said rubbing the side of my arm as everyone turned to look at me. "Hi, I'm Gabriella Stevens, a friend of the bride and groom. First of all I would like to congratulate Fleur and Bill, I know you will both be a beautiful married couple. I wish you both the best" I spoke as I looked at them and gave them a smile that they returned. "And well I guess you can call this my gift to them, I would like to sing for their first dance and would also like to dedicate this song to one of my closest friends. Now if the bride and groom would like to take the floor" I said whilst delicately pointing at the floor. 

I turned and nodded at the band as I started to hear the band play and began to sing as my eyes met George's, giving me courage. As the song was ending I knew I needed to find George; I needed to tell him how I felt. Then finally the song ended and an applause erupted. I smiled to see everyone clapping, Fleur was crying. "Thank you everyone, now enjoy the wedding" I said with a grin as I started to walk down the podium. As I saw George and Fred flirting with the veela girls. Suddenly I was ambushed by Hermione and Ginny. 

They both looked at me and looked to what I was looking at. "Now Gabs I'm sure George is just flirting with them, that's all." Ginny said as I rolled my eyes. 

"Who cares. I just basically poured my heart out in that song but if he's too dumb to get it then fine. Look you two go enjoy yourselves, I'm going to go sit down." I said a little frustrated. Did he listen to the song at all? Did he even care? I mean I guess it wasn't for nothing it was Bill and Fleurs present from me. I glared dagger at George, first he almost tries to kiss me in the kitchen then he's flirting with a bunch of veela cousins!? I sighed and didn't even notice someone walk over to me. 

"Hey Gab! What are you doing sitting here on your own?" I looked up to see Harry, he did look quite handsome tonight I can't lie, but me and him wouldn't happen again. Right? 

"Just sitting I guess" I replied not really sure of what to say, I mean I was going to go find Ems but she was dancing with Mr. and Mrs Weasley. I didn't want to ruin her fun. 

"Do you want to dance then?" Harry asked me looking down at me as I smiled and took a quick glance at George. 

"I would love to Mr. Potter" I said with a smile causing us both to form a state of giggles. As I took his hand he pulled me onto the dance floor. After a little while we were both going a long with the music and having a lot of fun. Harry had his hand around my waist and I tried my best not to trip in the heels I was wearing. That's when I realised we were in front of George and Fred and Harry spoke up. "You look gorgeous tonight Gab, you know?" I smiled and gave him a hug, not letting go until someone tapped the both of us on the shoulder. 

"Excuse me" I heard an all to familiar voice say and looked to see George standing next to Harry. "May I cut in?" He asked looking at Harry. Harry turned towards him. 

"I guess you can" Said Harry and he gave me a hug and kiss on the cheek. George then glided me away from Harry. I glared at him. "What was that about George? I was dancing with him" I asked a little harsh, well I couldn't help it. 

"Well I don't like you talking to Harry, danger always follows him" He said nonchalantly as he had his hands on my waist. I noticed we were dancing to a slow song but I was too mad to care. 

"Oh what but you can flirt with every pretty girl." I said  angrily as I turned my head to look at other people.

"I wasn't flirting, I was being nice!" He said as I glared at him. "Now is this Miss. Malfoy jealous?" He smirked and I wanted to scream. 

"Of course I'm jealous! Because of the whole kitchen scene. I thought it meant something, I thought it was it was something we both felt. Guess not." I said feeling my eyes fill with tears. 

"What? Gab why are you acting like this? Look what happened in the kitchen was just a little fling I never meant-" but I cut him off. 

"I guess I thought it meant more." I said and I let my arms leave his neck. 

"Hang on why are you so annoyed?!" He asked me. 

"Because you git. Because. Well.. because I love you okay?" I yelled as I felt the tears breaking through. I walked off. 

"Gab wait!!!" I heard George call out from behind me. I then felt a hand grab mine. "Gab, will you please just listen to me and let me talk." He asked smiling as he looked down at me. 

"Why" I asked looking at him, he was still grinning. 

"Because you might want to know what I have to say Miss. Malfoy." He said as I was about to speak a something large had came falling through the canopy over the dance floor. I saw everyone's heads turn as I looked to the Patronus; it opened its mouth and spoke in a low, deep voice. 

"The ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They're coming." I heard the voice say as the phrase they are coming echoed in the room. Everyone was running everywhere. It was a mad house. 

"Emma" I said quietly and then my voice grew. "EMMA!" I yelled realizing what was happening as I ran to look for Ems, George close behind me calling my name. Then death eaters appeared in the room. 

"Gab! stop, Em is fine, she was with mum and dad last we saw her. We have to get out of here, if they find out you're here, you'll be in danger" George said as he grabbed my hand and looked down at me. "Protego" George yelled pushing me down as I noticed a death eater that was just behind us. "We have to leave now Gab!" He said looking at me. 

"But Ems and Ginny!" I yelled full realizing she was here and wasn't able to do magic. 

"They're fine! Fred will protect them! Right now I'm worried about you! Gab you need to trust me" George said looking at me in the eyes and I nodded. 

"Okay" I finally said nodding. He then pulled me into his arms as soon as I felt a sick feeling in my stomach, and then we disappeared. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's taken so long but I am still here! <3

comment? 

vote?