3 - Keep Them Sane.

Rhys.

Breakfast brought a welcome respite from Mor and Cassian's bickering, but not for long. Soon, the two were engaged in a vicious contest to see who could shove the most bacon down their respective throats. 

For the third time that morning, Rhys sighed. While interactions of this sort were daily occurrences in the convoluted dynamic of the night court...was it seriously impossible to have a calm and collected breakfast at least once a week?

As if on cue, the third chucked a banana (with much gusto) at the general's head. Feyre broke into a fit of choked-upon laughter as the fruit hit its mark, leaving smudgy trails of slop to drip down Cass' face. Now there wasn't a single person at the table, Rhys included, who wasn't cackling hysterically.

'Eh...maybe it's all for the better that this court is the way it is,' he thought, expression softening at his mate's clear happiness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Half an hour later, the carefree attitude expressed in the dining hall had completely dissipated, as the night court began to discuss the all-court meeting to be held in two day's time. All except for the Second were present, situated around the very same table they had all eaten breakfast at not thirty minutes ago, maps and charts, planners and propositions, strewn across its marbled surface. Azriel, detailed report in hand, spoke first. 

"We know of those who will openly oppose the human integration policy, Beron and Tamlin being as outspoken as they are. However, we must prepare for other courts to voice their discontent as well. In all likelihood, at least the winter and dawn courts are sure to have some qualms against the to-be policy."

"Hm...that is true," Feyre agreed. "We must find a way to completely convince them of its mutually beneficial impact, as both courts simply wish to remain strong."

"But what if the Autumn and Spring courts come equally prepared? An argument alone is not something that will be able to get the job done. If only we had some real, solid evidence of this policy's effectiveness..." Rhys' addition immediately triggered a cacophony of ideas to bubble up at once. No one's voice was equally heard and...

"EVERYBODY SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

Amren had made her entrance.

"I've found a book, near equal in power to that of the book of breathings, in the central library."

Silence. Then-

"What?!" Cassian.

"Not good..." Feyre.

"How much do you know about it so far?" Azriel.

"Can it help with the meeting two days from now?" Mor.

"Welp! We're in even deeper shit now~" 

At that, everyone whipped around to face the high lord.

"Way to state the obvious, Rhys."

"I-"

"Would everybody shut their traps and listen to me, the one who actually has the information regarding this topic, instead of going off on an argumentative tangent that completely defeats the purpose of my coming here?"

Yet again, silence. Amren would've made a great public speaker.

"Yes and no, Feyre, this book has the capabilities to both help and harm us. Azriel: I know enough, but I definitely  need to do more research. No, Mor, I have a very limited amount of understanding as to the information this book contains, so it is highly unlikely it will be of any use to you in the upcoming meeting."

Azriel tilted his head, "you never said what the book was called."

A pause.

"It's entitled The Walking Dead."

AN:

Chapters may be a bit short, but i'm trying to pump 1-or-so out daily ;)