Chapter 12

At first, Michonne had feared they wouldn't even let her through the gates, so when she woke up on the floor with water pouring on her chest she was hesitant to talk to them. The strange woman she'd met at the shops was almost the least of her concern when she was surrounded by people with guns in a prison, but soon enough the questions began.

'We can tend to that wound for you, give you food and water and send you on your way, but you're gonna have to tell us how you found us, and why you were carrying formula.' Rick was firm with his instructions and made it clear he didn't have time to mess around.

'The supplies were dropped by a young Asian guy with a pretty girl,' Michonne answered.

'What happened?'

'Were they attacked?' Hershel asked, joining the conversation. Michonne turned to him.

'They were taken.' The group seemed to draw in a breath at this, looking to each other as if to confirm they had all heard the same thing.

'Taken? By who?' Rick asked, becoming less patient.

'The same son of a bitch who shot me.' Michonne seemed equally as pissed off, which only pushed Rick further over the edge.

'Hey, these are our people. You tell us what happened now.' He grabbed her leg, squeezing where she had been shot, causing her to bolt up and move away from him.

'Don't, dont you ever touch me again.' She did her best to stand and keep a distance between her and him while Daryl raised his crossbow.

'You better start talking. You're gonna have a much bigger problem than a gunshot wound.'

'Find them yourself,' Michonne spat, suddenly having a strong dislike for this group. She began to feel like they weren't going to hear her out without threatening her or being aggressive. She thought about what the woman had said if this were to happen, and although it seemed like a long shot at this point, given that they hadn't asked about her in any way, she had to try.

'Put it down,' Rick told Daryl, lowering the crossbow to aim at the ground. 'You came here for a reason. Why.'

'Somebody told me to.' The group repeated their shared looks, wondering who else could have known them and why they would send someone with the supplies. Other than Glenn and Maggie, everyone in their group was present.

'Who was it?' Daryl asked, suddenly less hostile. He had a hunch - or hope.

'Didn't get a name.' That in itself was enough for Daryl to turn to Rick, both sharing a knowing look. After what Daryl had told him a few days ago it seemed like the only answer that made sense. 'Had a bow and arrows, taped up jeans. Seemed desperate to help your people.' Everyone in the room has the same person on their minds.

'She told you to bring the supplies, to come here?' Continued Rick. With everything that had happened he'd more or less forgotten to consider that Lucy was still out there - according to Daryl. He remembered how she'd split from him and Carl at the farm to find other people to help, how Carol had said she'd saved her and told Daryl not to go back until they were safe. She had a rock hard exterior but it was beginning to seem like she was as soft as butter inside.

'There's a town, Woodbury, about 75 survivors, I think they were taken there. That's where she's headed, had me show her on a map,' Michonne explained to him.

'A whole town?'

'Its run by this guy, calls himself the governer - pretty boy, charming, Jim Jones type.' They continued asking her questions about the security and strength of the place, knowing they had no choice but to infiltrate the town and find their people. If they didn't, Lucy could be going in alone and Glenn and Maggie would be stuck there.
After they had allowed Hershel to patch her leg up, they were able to take some time to consider their options. Daryl knew he wanted to go. Aside from having a whole host of unanswered questions he wanted to save the missing members of the group. They all decided they wanted to help, and even Beth volunteered to go with them for her sister. Neither Rick nor Daryl mentioned Lucy to the group. Both knew it could only cause more fuss and with everything that had happened and was about to happen, they simply didn't need it. Rick thought that Carl especially would want to see her. He'd seemed to look up to her since she had saved him when she arrived at the farm. He couldn't help but feel that Carl could do with a role model right now.
They spent the rest of the afternoon packing everything they needed into the car. Almost every weapon from the prison went in along with any other items deemed necessary.