³

The following morning it snowed once more

The following morning it snowed once more. As if the ground wasn't already coated with enough of the white substance, it increased even more in volume than before. Xiao was planning on leaving that day, but the snow was over five feet high and he wouldn't be very comfortable walking in it nor fighting in it. Therefore he was now stuck with this very... hyper mortal.

"I made you breakfast," Xiao heard her voice once he awoke from his slumber. He lay against the hardwood floor with his legs splayed out in front of him. She held out a tray of steaming pastries. At least, that was how they appeared.

They smelled putrid and were also shaped abnormally. Xiao took a small nibble out of it and immediately spit it out. "You- What do you put in this stuff?"

"I just did what I wanted," (F/n) grinned.

Xiao groaned. "Have you ever cooked before?"

Once again the girl just smiled at him. "Could you possibly teach me, Xiao?"

"No," he crossed his arms and gazed at her crossly. "I am not your maid nor your servant. Learn how to cook on your own, mortal."

"Why do you only refer to me as a mortal?" (F/n) sat down next to him. "What are you, anyways?"

Xiao didn't know what to say. He didn't know whether he should tell this brazen girl the truth of his identity or keep a facade going. But when she gazed at him with such hopeful eyes, he felt a strange sensation in his abdominal region.

"I'm an adeptus," Xiao admitted, "a yaksha to be exact."

Whenever Xiao told anyone this information, they commonly left him and ran away, and he was expecting the same from her. She scooched over so that she was sitting across from him and Xiao's eyes flickered down to his feet once she started to stare at him.

"I was wondering why you had such surreal beauty," she commented, "but now I see why. That must have been lonely, huh?"

"Lonely?" Xiao was puzzled. Why would he feel lonely over simply doing his job? "I have never felt such a way before."

(F/n) opened her mouth to say something, but then closed it again. Xiao noticed she looked as if she was pondering what to say to him.

"Well, that doesn't give you an excuse not to help me cook!" (F/n) pat his head and he immediately recoiled at the touch of his hand. "Come on, sitting on the floor won't be any more fun than helping me out."

Xiao pouted slightly. "But I don't want to help you cook."

(F/n) smacked her forehead. "Fine, fine. Just sit there all the time and wallow in the fact that you're too short to go outside, I don't care."

BAM.

Xiao stood up instantly and quickly walked over to stand next to her. "My height is none of your concern. If you're going to deal such a low blow then I may as well help you."