ADDED NOTE: PEOPLE WITH A FEAR OF SPIDERS (ARACHNOPHOBIA), PLEASE SKIP THE BEGINNING OF THIS CHAPTER.

I would like to apologize again for any of you who were triggered by this not being included in the past. For those of you who see trigger warnings in any chapters that should be added, please message or comment them! As someone who has recently (two years ago) been diagnosed with PTSD, I understand how upsetting it can be to have triggers occur without warning. I would like to respect all of you and your triggers, all are valid. <33

 Cold air wafted through the window of the household

Cold air wafted through the window of the household. The soft faint breaths of the morning air arose in the dawn sky as an adepti slowly blinked open his eyes. Lashes fluttering in the dawn light, he sat up blearily as the events of the past day suddenly flooded into his memory.

He jumped up and immediately froze at a figure lying on the floor. (F/n) lay in a bloody pool, it appeared like she had carried Xiao to her abode.

How? She looked beaten half to death...

The truth was that she had probably used the last sap of adrenaline to make sure he was safe. How pathetic-

No. Xiao could not say that her actions were pathetic when he would be a corpse on the ground without them.

I'm the pathetic one, I may as well be in hell. Lord Barbatos forgive me, for now I am in the debt of a mortal. As if Barbatos was listening to him, the wind raised in strength, clattering a dish onto the ground. It shattered into thousands of tiny shards in front of the girl that lay so peacefully on the ground, her eyes shut in a tight solace.

Xiao tried to stand but his many injuries prevented him from doing so. His teeth bared together as the pain in his abdomen grew fierce. The sullied wound reopened, and Xiao rushed to the cabinet and snatched some bandages and fur that had been stored. Once he tied it around his waist he began to fix the wounds that were all over the girl's body. By the time he was finished, her whole entire upper body was bandaged, except for her cleavage- he did have some manners through all his rudeness. With further inspection he noticed that her ear seemed to have scratch marks. When he observed it even closer, he could see none other than a dead spider lying deep inside of her ear. He had seen many things in his life, but never before had he seen someone that resorted through the torture of putting living, crawling insects inside their prey's ears.

The girl would not stop bleeding. Her breathing became more and more scarce as Xiao tried his hardest to patch up her wounds.

Shit, she's going to die at this point. I've never healed before, but maybe if I do this it will work.

Xiao pressed a finger against her forehead and uttered a soft incantation.

. . .

The feeling of grass brushing against her fingers while the sun poured onto her. Warm rays shone onto her hair and down onto the flowy dress that she was wearing. The fresh scent of glaze lilies and the peculiar odor of qinxin filled the air.