Track 02

I can't stop thinking of that dream. It's embarrassing enough just watching it play again in my head... Can't believe myself, waking up with a— with a—
As his pace slows down to seperate from the other students who are walking home, he stomps his feet in place.

"AGH!" Kaidou furiously ruffles his hair with both hands. "GET IT TOGETHER, JET BLACK WINGS! YOU'RE THIS WORLD'S HERO!!"

"Over here, Mr. Hero!"

"AHHHHHH—!" Shun shrieks as his body jolts, as if shocked by a lightning bolt. He, trembling, looks around to find Aren waving at him with the biggest grin.

Aren was sat at the soft grassy strips by the delta pipes that stringed alongside the road leading home. Shun's panic dissolved as he took a spot next to him, his bag slouched in his arms.

The beaming sun blinded Kaidou as he shielded himself with a hand. "You really had to pick a spot directly in the sun?"

Aren lets out a small chuckle before leaning further into the soft patch of grass. "Let your eyes adjust to it, and maybe you'll see why."

Kaidou lets out a scoff as he slowly peers away from his hand shield. As his eyes got used to the brightness, the sun's blinding white had simmered into a rich blood orange. The clouds painted the skies pink as the light reflected off it. He was glued to it. Both of them were.

"We always go by the same setting sun each day after school, but I've never actually stopped to get a good look." Aren pauses briefly as he fixates on the sunset, a smile naturally forms on his face. "Now that I have, I think I can get used to coming home late."

He directs his gaze for an opinion; it was unlike him to be so silent and attentive. I got to see another side of the illusive Jet Black Wings. Kuboyasu snickered quietly to himself as he began admiring Kaidou's awestruck expression. The sunset's hue reflected in his eyes perfectly as the orange glow reflected against his cloth wrinkles.

Kaidou blinks a few times, his pupils enlarge as he looks back at Aren with widened eyes. Dazed, he had seemingly lost track of time. "What are you looking at...?"

"Hmhm, oh nothing." Aren laughs it off as his hand rests against his cheek, leaning himself to the side as he sticks a pocky stick into his mouth. He motions towards the pocky box at his side. "Just uh— y'know, take however many you want—" Hell yeah, good thing I got these before leaving campus. +1 intimacy

Kaidou hesitantly reaches for a pocky stick, hastily shoving it into his mouth as he gives Kuboyasu a side glare. "Hmmm... Alrighty." He shifts his attention back onto the sky; Aren does the same. Both quietly munching on pocky sticks like chips, like watching a movie with popcorn.

After some time, something hit Aren.

It was then that Aren found his reason for stopping like this. He had been thriving with his newfound friends that he had forgotten what was once a pivotal time in his previous life as a notorious gangster.

This was their anniversary, the day when Aren Kuboyasu's gang had been crowned a title, a place on the map. It was the golden age for his life as a ring leader.

Aren felt a hint of melancholy from it. His gaze shifted downward at the grass as his bangs fell over his face. I remember now. I used to celebrate this day by creating an annual brawl for the neighboring gangs. It was a stupid flex in power, but it was whatever gave me the adrenaline rush, I guess.

"It's ironic in a way. I'm here now, admiring the sunset with my best friend when before I had forgotten what that beauty was with the blood staining my sight."