Chapter 10

Its been a few weeks since I've been here with Luciano and I can say things have been going quite well. Marlena had showed me the garden and I've been out here almost everyday, reading and enjoying the weather.

"I thought I'd find you out here." Luciano came and sat next to me on the bench. The past few weeks we've started to get closer as well. I don't mean close meaning we've slept together, but close as in getting to know each other better. "Yeah, I'm out here quite a lot now. What's going on?" I closed my book, and focused on him. He chewed on his lip. I noticed he did that a lot when he was nervous or frustrated.

"I realized I hadn't done this yet," he stood up, and pulled something out of his pocket. "With the wedding drawing nearer, I thought it would be best to get you this," he held out a ring box. He got down on one knee. "You're so cheesy." He smiled a small smile. "I'm nothing if not traditional." He opened the box and  presented me with the most beautiful ring I had ever seen. "This was my mother's ring. Her and my father didn't have the best relationship, but that is a story for another time." He took the ring out of the box. "Arianna Santina Laughlin, I know our meeting was quite out of the ordinary but I promise you with my life that I will protect you from any and everything life throws at you. I will be devoted to you and only you. I solemnly swear I will be the best husband I can be. Arianna, will you marry me?"

I stood up, and shook my head laughing. "Of course I'll marry you you big teddy bear." His eyes widened. "Only you have called me a teddy bear in my 26 years of living." He stood up, and slid the ring on my finger. The ring was absolutely stunning. I couldn't take my eyes off of it. "Promise me something too Arianna." I looked up at him. "What's that?" He took both of my small hands into his large ones. "Don't get scared and run away." I raised an eyebrow at him. "Fanculo." He pulled me closer and pressed his lips against mine. My mind was foggy. What the hell? He's kissing me! And I'm not pulling away! He pulled away and cupped my cheek. "Non sono un brav'uomo, ma per te cercherò di esserlo." The Italian was still fuzzy to me. "Perfetto." I didn't want to, but I could feel myself opening up to him more. He's a bad man, but he's never been bad to me. I cupped his cheek. "Teddybjørn." I pulled away and grabbed my book from the bench. "You will be the death of me Arianna Laughlin." I smiled a small smile and held my hand out to him. "Walk me back to the house?" He took my hand in his, and led the way. "So I was thinking we have the wedding in my hometown Palermo. It'll give us a chance to travel and get you away from Caratini for a while." Ah yes. The reason for the sudden wedding in the first place. I don't know why it made my mood change. Maybe because once he's caught, Luciano and I won't be married anymore. "Hey," I hadn't realized we stopped. "Where'd you go?" I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Oh, nowhere. Palermo sounds amazing. I'd love to see where you were born." I'm sure he could sense something was wrong, but didn't want to push me. "I'm gonna go up and take a nap before lunch. I'll see you later." I placed a kiss on his cheek before walking away. I walked up to my room, and started to take my shoes off. As I started to take my jewelry off, I couldn't help but to look at the ring again. How could he give me something that meant so much to his mother to someone who's temporary to him? I didn't have to turn around to know he was behind me. Before I could say anything, he spun me around and pressed his lips against mine. He lifted me up, placing me on the dresser. I wrapped my arms around his neck. He pushed into me more, running his hands down my back, and around my waist. He pulled away, and kissed my forehead, my nose, and finally my lips again. "Sei la mia debolezza." He pecked my lips again, before puling away from me fully. I bit my lip and hopped down. He cupped my cheek.

"I will be away for a few hours. I have some business to attend to. Marlena will be up here to wake you for lunch. I will be back by dinner." I nodded. He kissed the top of my head. "Don't miss me too much." And there goes arrogant Luciano again. He backed away and walked out of my room leaving me to my thoughts. I crawled in the bed, succumbing to the sheets.