|Chapter 13|

One depressive episode later, and I'm back.😎

I missed you all, don't worry. I'm doing better now!! Just know your comments are what kept me going :)

🔥˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

The sky was open and fair, not a cloud in sight. The night was an inky black and gleams of starlight reflected off the water, illuminating the ship deck above. Zuko's ship sailed through the water, the metal cutting through the ocean and setting the reflections into a hazy dance.

The banished prince, however, was not watching the beautiful view. He wasn't breathing in the night air. Zuko was in his bedroom. 4 candles sat in front of him as he meditated, the flames growing larger as he breathed in and smaller as he breathed out. They moved steadily, in perfect sync with Zuko's relaxed breathing.

The candles brightened and dimmed, brightened and dimmed. This cycle continued until Iroh cracked the door to his cabin.

He peeked through the opening, and Zuko opened his eyes. The candles continued to dim and brighten.

The banished prince spoke calmly to his uncle. "The only reason you should be interrupting me is if you have news about the Avatar."

Iroh pushed the door open completely and entered the room. A tightly rolled scroll was settled firmly in his grasp.

"Well, there is news, Prince Zuko, but you might not like it." Iroh looked at his nephew hesitantly, knowing full well the extent of Zuko's rather emotional reactions. "Don't get too upset."

Zuko kept his meditating stance, his calm demeanor seemingly set in place. "Uncle, you taught me that keeping a level head is a sign of a great leader." He breathed deeply through his nose. "Now, whatever you have to say, I'm sure I can take it."

Iroh held the scroll firmly in one hand, tugging gently on his beard with the other.

"Okay then." He hesitated once again. "We have no idea where he is."

The flames of Zuko's candles suddenly erupted in a fiery mass. Their heat brushed the ceiling and obscured Iroh's full view of Zuko.

The prince was enraged. "What!?" He yelled at his uncle, unable to retain his calm state. He rose to his feet, full of anger.

Iroh shielded his face from the flames, and merely brought a folding fabric fan from out of his robe, and began waving it at himself. He was sweating slightly from the heat of the room.

"You really should open a window in here."

Zuko snatched the scroll from his uncle's hand. He unrolled it, scanning over the parchment.

Iroh spoke up, trying his best to make light of the situation. "Well, there have been multiple sightings of the Avatar, but he is impossible to track down."

Zuko gazed angrily at the map, desperation in his tone. "How am I going to find him, Uncle?"

The map held many markings, all in obscure locations. A red line connected them, jagged from the spontaneity of Avatar sightings.

"He is clearly a master of evasive maneuvering."

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

"You don't have any idea where you're going, do you?" Sokka held the map in his gloved hands, the paper quivering with the wind. The entire group sat mounted on Appa. Aang rode on his head while the rest of us sat on the saddle. I was at the back, keeping Momo entertained.

Our surroundings were beautiful, but I couldn't admire them this time. I was sat awkwardly at the edge of Appa's saddle, and it pushed uncomfortably into my back. The edge of the saddle rubbed roughly against my scar tissue, rubbing the entire top half of my back raw. I couldn't lean forward, because my spine hurt so badly from slouching for days.