|Chapter 10|

I gave someone a paper butterfly today :)

🔥˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

I hesitantly followed Sokka to the fire pit in the middle of the village, a strong orange flame burning in the center. Somehow I felt almost calm.

Katara and Aang stood off to the side talking. I was happy to see him unharmed. When they saw us walking over they smiled wide, Aang running up to me first.

I kept walking and met him halfway. We met in a warm hug, our ribs clashing together. I laughed and smiled. "I'm glad you're ok, Aang. I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you."

Aang pulled back from our warm embrace, hands resting gently on my shoulders. "No." He looked into my eyes, "You didn't do anything wrong. You couldn't have stopped it from happening."

I could have, though.

An emotion I couldn't quite place tugged at my heart.

It was my brother who took him. It was my brother who lead a ship to break the walls of the village to pieces. I could have surrendered myself. I'm sure he would have accepted it.

I left everyone scared. I might not have been able to prevent the damages his ship did, but I could have spared the village the fear they felt.

I rubbed my arm. "I'm still sorry," I mumbled. Aang smiled at me before looking to the Water Tribe siblings who were now standing together, looking at us.

Aang's expression turned sour and he crossed his arms. "Well?" he raised his eyebrow at them. "What do you have to say to her?" The airbender urged them to apologize. I couldnt help but think he looked like an angry parent. He definitely had the stance down, tapping his toe and everything.

Sokka was first to apologize, "We're so sorry, Y/n. We really thought it was for the best at the time. I wasn't thinking clearly."

Yeah, no kidding.

"It was my idea, Y/n." Katara's eyes met my e/c ones. "I'm so sorry. I thought I was helping you."

"Its... fine." There was no use in saying otherwise.

Sokka felt another tug of guilt in his stomach, an anchor pulling him down. They had hurt her, that he knew.

He didn't expect her to actually forgive him anyway.

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Something about the sky is so refreshing. Not all the time, just sometimes.

Sometimes the sky feels like it will never end. Sometimes I love that and others it's a dreadfully painful thought.

When I travelled the world with my brother, the scenery around us changed constantly, but the sky never did. It was always the same. A wide expanse of never ending blue. Bleh. Never cared for it.

But now it was different. The sky, the ocean, the warm furry mass beneath me.

It was... exotic. It was new.

3 years and the sky finally felt new.

While blue was no longer an enemy, thoughts of my sister's fire still lingered in my mind sometimes. But not now.

Appa flew us to the temple. Sokka and I sat on his back, Katara and Aang on his head. Aang was happy, but couldn't help but feel a deep sense of dread fill my stomach.

He thought he was prepared to see his home again, but I knew he wasnt.

He couldn't be. Nothing could prepare him, but it might help if he just listened.