Viginti Sex

With no sign of Black, the days continued with a gloomy atmosphere. Sir Cadogen had been the only portrait that was willing to fill the Fat Lady's position, which I found fair enough. If someone had ripped apart one of my friends to get to something, I wouldn't want to take their spot guarding anything, no matter how important. 
That being said, Cadogen was an A class fool. Michelle said that was a bonus, really. I couldn't possibly see how.

There wasn't any time to process everything before the first Quidditch match, though. Oliver broke the news that we'd be playing Hufflepuff instead of Slytherin two days before, and the weight sat heavy in our stomachs. 

Oliver gripped his broom tightly. "We've been practising all those moves assuming we're playing Slytherin, and instead it's Hufflepuff, and their style's quite different. They've got a new Captain and Seeker, Cedric Diggory-" 

Angelina and Alicia giggled beside me, I kicked Ange's leg. She scowled at me.
"What?" Oliver asked, confused by their behaviour. 

"He's that tall, good-looking one, isn't he?" hummed Angelina.
"Strong and silent," said Alicia, and they started to giggle again. 

Oliver looked at me, silently hoping I didn't feel the same way. I just shrugged, "Doesn't do it for me."

 "He's only silent because he's too thick to string two words together," said Fred impatiently. "I don't know why you're worried, Oliver, Hufflepuff is a pushover. The last time we played them, Harry caught the Snitch in about five minutes, remember?" 

 "We were playing in completely different conditions!" Wood shouted, his eyes bulging slightly."Diggory's put a very strong side together! He's an excellent Seeker! I was afraid you'd take it like this! We mustn't relax! We must keep our focus! Slytherin is trying to wrong-foot us! We must win!" 

"Oli, love, chill." I stood up, putting a hand on his shoulder. "We all know how important this is; we're not just going to half-ass it. " 
He didn't chill.

Saturday morning arrived far too quickly, and with it arrived a storm so bad, I thought the top of Gryffindor tower might blow off.
Usually, the Great Hall was full of loud chatter, but today, you couldn't hear anyone over the sound of the rain and wind against the window. Nobody on the Gryffindor table was talking, anyway.

Oliver had begun his scheduled pre-match nervous breakdown, and while I usually could talk him out of it, today it wasn't working. It was so bad, that he couldn't even give one of his speeches. Instead, I stood on one of the benches, looked around the room and took a breath.
"Ok, I'm not very good at this, but my boyfriend is clearly broken, so I'll just have to do my best. Uhm- Alright.

"Everyone already knows the Gryffindor has the best team in the school, we don't have to prove that. What we do have to do is keep our heads on straight, keep our hands on our brooms, and keep Hufflepuff from winning. On the count of three, 'Best team in the school'; Ready?" 

The group let out a cheer, and started heading towards the field. I hung back, so that I could walk out side by side with Oliver.
He was completely stoic, holding his arms at his side and looking straight forward. Anyone else would've found his behaviour upsetting, but I knew him better than that - he was terrified and I was smart enough to know that it wasn't my fault. I wasn't hurt.

On the field, it became very clear that this would be the hardest match we'd ever play. Ever.
I squinted against the rain, where I could make out the figures of teenagers in yellow jerseys, but not much else. Oliver stepped into the blur, and shook hands with Diggory, before returning to my side. I turned to look at him, only to see him looking straight ahead, his jaw clenched. I looked away.

On Hooch's signal, we lifted off, and began the match.

I quickly realised that I couldn't play in this weather, even with the best broom in the UK, so I couldn't imagine how my teammates were handling. Still, I did my best hanging close to the other girls. The booming thunder made it impossible to hear the others' signals, so we made do with crude hand gestures whenever we could see each other.
This went on for a while, before Oliver called a time out.

On the ground, we all huddled together to regroup. Alicia was shivering next to me, and George tucked her under his arm to warm up. It wasn't very effective.

"We're fifty points up!" Oliver shouted, trying to be heard over a crack of thunder, "but unless we get the snitch soon, we'll be playing I to the night?"
I looked at Harry, who was holding up his fogged over glasses. He yelled something about not being able to see. As if she could never have better timing, Hermione squished her way into the huddle, and cast a loud  ‘Impervius!

"There!" she said, shoving her wand back in her robe. "They’ll repel water!"
‘Brilliant!’ Oliver called hoarsely after Hermione, as she disappeared back into the stands. If I didn't know him better, I'd say he would've kissed her. "I guess that's it! Back to the game."

As the others mounted their brooms, I grabbed Oliver's arm. He gave me a worried look, as I leant in and gave him a gentle kiss on the corner of his mouth.
"For luck," I said, smiling, before I mounted my broom, and got back to the game.

The weather got worse.

It was so hard to see that I was colliding with other players everytime I moved.
I heard Oliver shout out Harry's name from somewhere behind me, and as much as I wanted to turn and see, I felt the quaffle get thrust into my hands, and knew I had to keep going in the opposite direction.

And then I heard a simultaneous gasp from everyone in the stands, and no longer caring about the game, I turned around to look.
The sky lit up bright white, and at least fifty Dementors swarmed around Harry. I watched in horror as his grip slipped from the broom, and he began to plummet.
Lee didn't even mention Hufflepuff capturing the snitch - everyone was silent.

Harry's pace slowed as he neared the ground, but he still hit like a ton of rocks. Everyone carefully descended, as Madam Pomfrey rushed out into the rain. I dropped my broom, and ran to Harry, falling on my knees beside him. The others quickly joined around, and the twins helped lift him up, so that he could be taken inside.
I looked around, noticing Oliver looking glum, and walking away from Cedric, towards the changeroom.
Alicia's eyes followed mine, sensing my dilemma - help Oliver, or help Harry.

"I'll tell Harry you send your regards. Oliver needs you more," she said calmly, squeezing my shoulder. I nodded, and watched her walk off with the others.

The shower was already running when I got into the Gryffindor changeroom. I rounded the corner, seeing Oliver as far from the door as possible, leant against the wall, arms above his head.

"Knock knock," I called, not making any effort to pretend to knock on the wall. Oliver whipped around, hands immediately coming to his front.

"Y/N!" His eyes widened as I got closer. "What are you-? Please leave!"
I put my hands up defensively "Ok, I'll wait outside. Just know, I'm not leaving without you."

Oliver stayed in the shower for an hour, before entering the changeroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. His eyes met me briefly, before he looked away. I shuffled down the bench, to let him take a seat beside me.
After a minute of silence Oliver said, "I don't want to talk about it."
"That's fine." I distracted myself by listening to the rain patter against the roof. "We can just sit here in silence."

Oliver didn't say anything else to me. We sat in the changeroom for a while, not moving. In that time, my hair dried, sticking awkwardly to the back of my neck in chunks. Every now and then, I'd open my mouth to say something, but nothing came of it.

Ten minutes later, I finally spoke up, "We should get going now. It's going to get dark soon, and the weather isn't exactly letting up..."
Oliver looked at me as I stood, opening his locker and putting my rings on. I handed him his clothes, and ran a hand through his hair.
"I'll wait outside."