Chapter 6: The story

Henry's pov:

I woke up with a start feeling groggy. Reaching out to my side I grabbed my bottle of painkillers and went to the kitchen to get some water. I still remember what had happened only hours ago. I lost the drinking contest. And yet it was the greatest moment of my life. She had passed the test I had set. She was able to out wit me at my own game. Clearly she was as good a fighter I was as in the other timelines. Yet some thing seemed wrong. I didn't know what but I decided to just go on a short stroll round the station.

Looking down at my metal wrist attached watch I saw it was currently 8:42 in the morning. Luckily because of the fact I had a right hand lady I had been able to rest more the past few days. I decided to head to the main cafeteria where there was a good veiw of earth. However just as I got there I noticed something. Someone else was nearby. 

Henry: Whoever is there, know you're not hidden.

A figure walked out from the shadows and I recognized it.

Henry: What are you doing here?,

Ellie: Trying to sort out the mass amounts of documents you gave me. There's so many of these. I mean it's enough to fill a large drinks cooler.

Henry: Well you don't need to get up this early.

Ellie: It's not my fault I'm jolt awake una-

Henry: -unable to get back to sleep. I know. Been there.

Ellie: How did you....?

Henry: Do you wanna know why I chose you? Out of all the possibilities you became my right hand lady?

Ellie: ...

Henry: It's cause you are like someone I once knew. Someone who changed. Someone who now is different. Let me tell you a tale of a young boy......

' This boy had kleptomania. Uncontrollable amounts of it. However he also had a burning passion to become something more then what life had presented to him. He wanted to be respected and to be able to do as his will desired. He wanted a chance of brotherhood amongst something he could call home.

But you know what the world did to him? To his dreams? They crushed it. They made him stay where he was and then.....And then when couldn't give life what it wanted it forced him down into nothingness. Abounded by all, betrayed by the society he loved, he instead turned to crime.

Yet again life tried to make him be it's puppet. It punished him for trying to enjoy himself. It forced him into the box he had tried ecascaping. It gave him a hand as if to present him with hope. It promised him greatness. But he saw passed it. He chose a different route. And here is where life couldn't touch him. He had escaped the world's chains.

However in his new life reality struck him again. And although he pulled through it took from him the one thing he had always held onto: his passion. His original desires were stripped away for years. Years without himself. Years of mental isolation.

But now the young lad is free. Free to express. Free from reality chains with that passion. '.

Ellie was more confused and interested then ever before. She didn't understand any of it and yet was completely fascinated by it.

Henry: I'd  advise you return to your room.

She did so without needing to be asked. Clearly there was some deeper meaning to Henry's story.

She just didn't know what.