Do you know this guy ?

It all happened in Art History class.

A small ball of paper crashed into our table, more precisely on Mandy's notes, startling us both.

- What the fuck ?, she whispered while I raised my eyebrows.

Our first reaction was to look for the source of that attack, so we moved our heads to the left in unision, only to find that Josh Kiszka was grinning at us. Now that was weird. He was all smiles and carefree as always and motionned for us to take a look at what he just threw at us. If we were really honest, we were only playing pissed, because Art History, as for all lectures in amphitheaters, was the most boring class of them all. Any distraction was good enough to escape these two hours, at least mentally. That was the reason why we were sitting in the back anyway. So if Kiszka number 1 wanted to play silly games with us, we'd thank him for the distraction. Mandy unfolded the crumpled sheet carefully, trying not to bring the teacher's attention to us.

Are you a parking ticket? 'Cause you've got fine written all over you.

There was a second of silence before we exchanged glances and then snorted really loud, trying to camouflage it by faking a coughing fit. It was so lame ! And cheesy, I couldn't believe it. And it was the first time ever the dude talked to both of us.

- Do you know him ?, I whispered to my friend with surprise in my voice.

- No, I thought you did !

I shook my head no.

- The only thing I know is his name and bad rep.

- Yeah, heard that too.

Okay so it was not as bad as it sounded like. To put it simply, everyone knew he was a flirt. School had started for only three months now and he was already labeled as a manwhore. Althought we were in the same promotion, we rarely got the chance to interact with him or his brother because both of them were in the music department. As Mandy was in fashion, and I was studying illustration, the only classes we had together were the lectures. Did he even have a room on campus ? I didn't know either. I shot a glance at his proud face. Maybe he was a manwhore, but I knew how rumours started out of nowhere so I always did my best to not believe in them. Sure he didn't have a girlfriend, nor boyfriend, and he was friendly with everyone (overly so) and seemed like a bit of a flirt, but it could easily be his normal self. Apart from his brother, no one knew him so they could tell anything about him. Mandy shook my arm as I frowned.

- I'm talking to you, dude.

- Sorry what ?

- What do we reply ?

I blinked, unsure of what I just heard.

- Why would you want to do that ?

- He's obviously a flirt, she stated like she didn't understand why she had to explain it to me, let's have some fun. Show him two can play this game. We don't even know which one of us he's hitting on, and I bet it's both of us. Plus we're bored anyway.

As much as I was a good girl who never meant any harm, I couldn't refuse picking fun at someone. When it wasn't too harsh of course, we made sure to keep the mean things for the people we couldn't stand. After we wrote something equaly shameful, Mandy threw the ball of paper, and Josh gave us a smirk and a glance. We kept exchanging cheesy notes like that, the pick up lines being more and more hilarious. We couldn't help but giggle at the silliness of it all.

Mama, you're pretty and I'm cute. Together we'd be Pretty Pretty Cute (because you're two).

We completely lost it when he jiggled his eyebrows at us in a suggestive way, a big toothy grin plastered on his face, with his knees facing our direction and his cheek resting in his palm, completely uninterested by the lecture. I couldn't contain my laugh anymore and tried to cover it by smacking a hand on my mouth. Our best attempt at calming ourselves wasn't a success, as a few students had turned around to look at us idiots, and the teacher was fuming.

- Is the Vase of Soissons a joke to you ?!

- N-No ma'am, I replied while miserably trying to calm down.

Next to me Mandy was shaking with laughter and I stabbed her on the ribs with my elbow. She really wasn't being of any help right now. I honestly didn't know why she didn't give us a detention, but we were glad. I shot a glance at Josh who was hiding his smile behind the palm of his hand and when he looked at me I just knew something new had started between the three of us.