𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞. 𝑁𝑎𝑟𝑐𝑖𝑠𝑠𝑢𝑠

𝙻𝙾𝚁𝙽𝙰, 𝙹𝙰𝚂𝙾𝙽 and Piper sat in Jason's cabin. Leo was above deck, being interrogated by the others. Apparently Lorna, Jason and Piper were too biased to have a say in the investigation.

And so the three lay on the ground of Jason's cabin, playing a game of Naming Stupid Things Leo Valdez had done in Memory of him. We will miss you, Leo.

A few minutes passed and Annabeth and Percy entered Jason's cabin. 

At the same time, Lorna, Jason and Piper started to defend their friend.

Annabeth sighed. "Leo admits that he did it, but he says that he wasn't in control. It felt like he was watching himself from third perspective."

Hearing that, the three ran to question Leo.

When they reached the mess hall, she found the others- Frank, Hazel and Leo- sitting dejectedly around the dining table.

Leo had made the lounge as nice as possible. The cupboard was lined with magic cups and plates from Camp Half-Blood, which would fill up with whatever food or drink you wanted on command. There was also a magical ice chest with canned drinks, perfect for picnics ashore. The chairs were cushy recliners with thousand-finger massage, built-in headphones, and sword and drink holders for all your demigod kicking-back needs. There were no windows, but the walls were enchanted to show real-time footage from Camp Half-Blood- the beach, the forest, the strawberry fields- although now Lorna was wondering if this made people homesick rather than happy. 

Percy was staring longingly at a sunset view of Half-Blood Hill, where the Golden Fleece glittered in the branches of the tall pine tree.

"It's alright, guys," Leo put his hands in front of him. "You can throw me in the dungeons, even if your heart tells you not to. I'll miss you all. And the sun. And the grass."

"We won't miss you." Lorna said, Jason and Piper nodding in agreement.

Percy cleared his throat and Lorna wondered how he felt about her having friends whom he doesn't know.

"So we've landed," Percy said. "What now?"

Frank plucked on his bowstring. "Figure out the prophecy? I mean...that was a prophecy Ella spoke, right? From the Sibylline Books?"

"What is that?" Lorna asked.

Frank explained how their harpy friend was freakishly good at memorizing books. At some point in the past, she'd inhaled a collection of ancient prophecies that had supposedly been destroyed around the fall of Rome.

"That's why you didn't tell the Romans," Leo guessed. "You didn't want them to get hold of her."

Percy kept staring at the image of Half-Blood Hill. "Ella's sensitive. She was a captive when we found her. I just didn't want..." He made a fist. "It doesn't matter now. I sent Tyson an Iris-message, told him to take Ella to Camp Half-Blood. They'll be safe there."

Annabeth laced her fingers. "Let me think about the prophecy- but right now we have more immediate problems. We have to get this ship fixed. Leo, what do we need?"

"The easiest thing is tar." Leo was glad to change the subject. "We can get that in the city, at a roofing-supply store or someplace like that. Also, Celestial bronze and lime. According to Festus, we can find both of those on an island in the lake, just west of here."

"We'll have to hurry," Hazel warned. "If I know Octavian, he's searching for us with his auguries. The Romans will send a strike force after us. It's a matter of honor."