𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫. 𝐸𝑖𝑑𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑛

"𝙸 𝙶𝚄𝙴𝚂𝚂 we all have messed up sleeping routines," Lorna said as Hazel entered the mess hall, making the number of demigods in the room 8.

"Cheers to that!" Jason cheered.

Lorna couldn't sleep that night. It wasn't because of the dreams- she hadn't had one in months- it was most probably the stress from the realization that the prophecy was starting. Not wanting to toss and turn in bed for the whole night, Lorna entered the mess hall, where she saw Frank and Jason playing table tennis. They seemed to have been playing for a while, sweat dripped down Jason forehead as he panted heavily (Lorna stared at him for ten minutes straight, and Jason was very aware of it). 

Slowly, the whole crew started to gather in the mess hall, Percy came next, swinging his arm around Lorna as they watched Jason and Frank play. Annabeth and Leo also entered the room, wanting to discuss some plans for ship repairs. Then Piper came in, curious about all the noise, and lastly, Hazel. 

"We could sit here and do nothing," Percy started. "Or we could do something useful." 

"Go do something useful yourself." Lorna scoffed. "I'm too lazy."

Percy grabbed Lorna hands, dragging her up from her sleeping position, "It's been 8 months since we've sparred. I want to see how bad you are."

Percy knew how competitive Lorna could get, and he knew how to get her revved up.

"Hey!" Lorna complained, chasing Percy up to the deck. "I'm better at sparring than you!"

The twins had been at it for almost half an hour. 

Annabeth said that she needed to "Supervise the children," and was watching them spar. Frank and Hazel were sparing too (Leo and Piper claimed to be sparing but they were sitting down 90% of the time), and Jason was working out at the punching bag (although his limbs were wrapped around the bag like a koala). 

Tremor and Riptide clashed against each other; Lorna and Percy danced around to dodge the other's attacks. Lorna ducked as Riptide swished over her head. Percy's back arched to avoid Tremor. As graceful as the ocean, the two children of the sea pranced around the deck with swift motions.

Once again, Lorna aimed at Percy's feet. The boy jumped and at that moment, Lorna pulled the water from her waterskin and froze the deck. As Percy landed, he slipped and fell on his butt. Lorna kicked Riptide away and aimed Tremor at Percy.

"You've become rusty," Lorna said, looking at the various cuts on his arms and legs. Percy sighed as he tried to stand but slipped on the ice again. Lorna thawed the ground and Percy used the water to heal himself.

Lorna felt someone hold her wrist. She spun around finding herself face to face with Jason. 

"Wanna spar?" He asked with a crooked smile.

The eight demigods spent the night sparring with each other before they made their way back to their cabins.

The sky was pitch black, there was no sound other than the laughs of Lorna and Jason.

"And then, I flipped Ares off, which was not my best move," Lorna said.

Jason laughed loudly. He lay on his side, staring at Lorna. Lorna gazed at the stars.

"You can fly right?" She asked.

"No. All the times I saved our asses when we fell from Festus was a lie." Jason joked.

"Will you fly to space and get me a star?"

"Yes." Jason answered without hesitation. Then he realized how cheesy he sounded and added, "I'll fly into space, where there is no gravity, oxygen, and heat, and get you a star, which is actually just a ball of gas."