Chapter 21

I feel itchy in the black turtle neck my mom made me put on, I mean shit this is my Christmas party why can't I wear what I want?! I walk around smiling at people I barely talk to in school and make my way to the kitchen before pouring a glass of apple cider. I sip on the warm drink when someone taps me on the shoulder. 

"Hey." Irvette smiles with a Christmas present in one hand and rudolph ears on her head. She's wearing a black Christmas dress with reindeers and Santa Claus scattered all over it. It literally looks like Christma threw up on her. 

"Oh shit, I didn't know you were bringing me a present I would've got one if I knew." She shakes her head and sets the present on the table beside me. 

"It's fine." She eyes my cup of cider and without warning grabs it out of my hand. She takes a sip before scrunchin up her face. 

"Blah, gross." I take the cup and rub off the red lipstick mark on the brim of my cup before sipping again. 

"So, what's up you haven't texted me in like forever." I get a little tense and pull at my turtle neck suddenly feeling nervous. 

"Oh I uh I was busy with family stuff we were driving dropping christmas presents off to our family and stuff," I say unsure about my own lie. She raises her brows before shrugging. I sip some more of the cider before I hear people whistling out in the foyer. I walk out of the kitchen and see Andre dressed in a full-blown Christmas suit. 

"No way, Andre!" Irvette rushes past me and pulls out her phone before recording him along with everyone else.

"Looking fresh," Jamie says. I watch from a distance as Irvette takes a selfie with him.

"Andre we're practically twinning, Kate take a pic of us." Irvette hands Kate her phone before swinging her arm around Andre's shoulder and posing. I tinge of jealousy hits me and I walk up to the crowd surrounding them before speaking.

"Whoopdy fucking do, so you both look tacky as fuck." I say in a bitter tone. Kate turns and looks me up and down before speaking.

"Atleast we don't look like slenderman with a turtle neck." Everyone bursts out in laughter and my ego is hit hard. Gotta admit that really hurt. I just roll my eyes and take a seat at the dining room table. 

10 minutes later

My mom comes down from upstairs and finds me sitting alone scrolling through my phone while everyone else is playing christmas games in the basement. 

"Nolan, why aren't you downstairs?" She says ruffiling my hair. I shrug my shoulders and turn off my phone.

"I'm bored," I say plainly. She sighs and pulls out a chair beside me.

"Noels your the one who wanted this party so you better enjoy it." She says. I sigh and stand up.

"Fine, I'm going." I slowly drag my feet down to the basement and the moment I enter Chistmas music is blasting on my blue tooth speaker. Huh, who the fuck turned on my speaker.  I scan around before I see Andre hovering next to it. Of course.

I walk up to Andre and before I can speak he starts playing a remix of rudolph the red nose reindeer. 

"Ayy Ayy Ayy!" Everyone starts dancing and yelling. 

"Andre! Andre!" He looks at me while bobbing his head.

"Yo, where were you? You're missing the party!" 

"Well, I was upstairs beca-" 

"Nolan." Irvette waltzes up to me dancing. 

"Let's dance!" She yells shaking her body. 

"Uh, I don't feel like it," I say.

"Why not, you're so boring come on," she says while pulling my arm. 

"No, stop!" I say getting pissed. She lets go of my arm and looks at me in annoyance.

"Nolan can I talk to you for a minute." She says nodding towards the stairs. A few moments later we're upstairs away from the party downstairs.

"I don't get you, first you ask me out then you ignore me after you went to my place and now your acting like a prude at your own party, what's your trauma?" She says crossing her arms. 

"Nothings wrong with me i-it's you, you're my problem!" I say. She furrows her brows before speaking.

"What?! You have seriouse issues, you know I shouldn't have dated you because you are an asshole!"

"Oh I'm the asshole says the girl who's practically hanging over my bestfriend!" I say throwing my hands in the air before continuing. 

"You haven't paid attention to me all day you've just been hanging with everyone but me."

"Nolan, I have friends I'm not only obligated to be by your side all fucking night!" 

"Yeah, but you could have atleast told me 'Hey Nolan you should twin with me for the party' since you know we're fucking dating! Like shit, you were with Andre the whole night, maybe you should just date him!" I say yelling.  

People from downstairs hear our screaming and look at us from the basement.

"You know what I don't care Nolan I'm breaking up with you!" Everyone gasps before Irvette rushes back into the basement and leaves me standing there perplexed.

Wait What?!

(Make sure to like and comment ;)