Chapter 1

TW: ⚠️Threats, murder, and strong language are throughout this story. ⚠️

⚠️Read at your own discretion!!⚠️

Young Y/N:

"M-mom?"

I slowly opened the door to her bedroom. I wanted to be with her because I had a bad dream. I saw her with a strange man in her bed. What are they doing?

"Mom?"

Nothing again.

I called to her one more time. She turned to look at me, got up from her bed, covering herself with a blanket. As soon as I was going to tell her I had a bad dream, she shut the door in my face. I fell to the floor, holding my nose from the sudden impact from the wooden door. I touched my nostrils then looked at my hand, only to see that I was bleeding.

Why does she always do this? Why? Why doesn't she care about me? I started tearing, not only from the pain I felt on my face, but from the pain I felt inside from the little attention and love my mom gave me.

________________________________

Y/N's mother, Laura is a very immature, negligent, irresponsible woman. She was born in the Stohess District, blessed with very caring, loving, and successful parents. However, during her adolescence, she became extremely rebellious, which lead to terrible decision-making.

As soon as she turned 15, some criminals who managed to escape the Underground approached and convinced her to follow them. She ran away from home and was taken to the underground city.

Within a few months, Laura's popularity skyrocketed and many customers were after her. She would fulfill most of her customers' sexual fantasies and would be paid greatly from her performance.

When she was in her late 20s, she had one customer that stuck out to her. They had a mutual attraction with one another...at least that's what she believed.

With each encounter from that particular customer, Laura became more and more infatuated with him. So much so that she took a drastic decision.

She ran away from the gang she joined.

But at a price.

In this gang, although she made the most profit, she was indebted to them for all of her "expenses." She'd go above and beyond, asking for certain luxury things from Aboveground such as clothing and cosmetics.

She practically signed her life away to this gang. Fleeing from it is the only rule no one was allowed to break.

Especially her.

When it was discovered that she had fled, the gang leader sent out many men all throughout the Underground, searching for her.

...

As the weeks passed, Laura was successful hiding from the men after her. She was able to survive with the amount of money she stole as well as hiding in abandoned properties. She knew she couldn't stay in one place for too long, so she was constantly on the move.

As she was looking for shelter again, she ended up spotting her lover  from afar. She felt relief as soon as she saw him and was about to approach and ask him for help out of the Underground. She wanted to flee with him and have a happy life Aboveground.