Chapter 27

One evening...

Erwin's POV

I entered my office, accompanied by Hange and Levi.

Upon entering, I walked up to my desk and sat down. The two soldiers approached me, remaining on their feet.

"What is this sudden meeting about Erwin?" Levi asked, crossing his arms.

"I'm sure you two are curious as to why I called you here tonight. It is regarding Cadet Y/N's physical health. Due to the severity of her injuries and according to the report the medics have provided me with, there is a possibility that she'll be forced to retire from the Scout Regiment."

Hange eyes widened in both concern and shock upon hearing this.

"The doctors have told me that for the past couple days particularly, she hasn't been doing well," I continued. "There have been instances in which she can't handle the pain, but refuses to express it."

I've briefly considered the medics' recommendation of having her retire from the Survey Corps...

However...I have another option that may be more effective.

Looking at Hange and Levi, I told them my proposal for this matter.

...

After everything was discussed, Levi understood and left my office.

"Is there a particular reason for this arrangement?" Hange asked, stepping closer to my desk.

"There is. I know that as of late, they haven't seen eye to eye, but after everything that has occurred, I feel this will be the most beneficial."

Hange had a lingering inquisitive look in her eyes.

"Cadets Conny Springer and Sasha Braus informed me of what occurred when you all went to rescue her," I clarified. "Although I was aware of your planning and didn't take any initiative to assist, I can't help but admire you and the others who went to get her back." She nodded her head understandingly, then turned around and made for the door.

Right when she was about to reach for the handle, she stopped.

"I'm simply letting them recover from having to return to a place they didn't expect to go back to," I assured. I could hear her gently sigh in response. She then grabbed the door handle and twisted it, and left my office.

Once the door was closed completely, I reclined in my chair, wondering one thing...

Wondering if one of my strongest soldiers will truly be able to fully recover from the obstacle she was forced to confront...if she will be able to reincorporate.

The medics warned me of the consequences she may face if she does recover and returns to combat...

There is a 50/50 chance she may not make it out alive if she receives such brutal injuries again.

A few days later...

Y/N's POV

The two doctors finished disinfecting & bandaging the minor cuts on my face and placed new medic wrap around my upper body.

The medics have been very cautious with the wounds I have on my right side and back...