Zeus: Loyal Husband

As the dawn of a new day was arriving, the powerful sun had its rays flashing through the sky, being strongest at the top of Mount Olympus, the official domain of the Gods, who carried on in their regular affairs as mortals on Earth would wander and pose the question: What events transpired among their supreme creators beyond the heavens?

Zeus

My queen, may I have a moment of your time?

Hera

What is it oh great Thunderer?

Zeus

Ahh. I present to you the chain of a thousand monsters. Made for your grace.

It was just a luxurious-looking necklace. Hera was unsurprisingly underwhelmed.

Hera

It's quite majestic indeed. Did you construct it?

Zeus

Mhmm. Not exactly. I ordered Hephaestus to make it especially for you, using only the rawest materials of his collection.

Hera

I see...

She walks away through the pillars, entering the balcony. Her husband follows.

Zeus

If I may interrupt your time of peace, do you find yourself feeling well?

Hera

I am feeling as resolute and charming as ever. Or do I not appear as such in front of you?

Zeus

It's not that my love. To put it simply, Dionysus earlier brought to my attention that you may have been feeling rather uncertain about our relationship.

Hera

Always Dionysus with his childish tattle, but I must assent. I am regularly flustered with you.

Zeus

That's understandable, considering my past encounters.

Hera

Ohhhh. Let's not mention those little savage moments of yours. I don't PARTICULARLY fond them.

Zeus

I suppose you're right. Who even remembers such meetings?

Hera

Ohh! I do my love, vividly even. Remember Europa? Is she found well?

Zeus

Yess her! She should be resting well in Crete.

Hera

How about Alcmene? Leto? Io?

Zeus

They...

Hera

Danae? Perseus' mother.

Zeus

Enough! Those incidents happened in the past and we agreed that they would remain there.

Hera

Oh great Zeus, a woman hardly forgets matters of consequence, especially when the husband is being unfaithful to her.

Zeus

I... I admit I haven't been perfect.

Hera

That's an understatement.