3

"No way!" I said and held my shoulder lightly. I had landed on it when I was slammed to the ground and it sorta hurt.

"Missy, your grandmother's Anita Moreno?" Noodles asked clearly shocked.

"The trainer of the Heroics?" Rewind added.

"She's a legend." Face said and smiled. I'm honored to be in her presence.

"No, you have to be dead to be a legend, honey. Oh, mi amor. I'm alive and well, which is more than I can say for my gazebo, hmm?" She said and started to size us up.

"Sorry." Acapella and I said. It was mostly my fault.

"We're in trouble, Grandma, and we need a place to hide." Missy pleaded.

"To hide? You're gonna need to do a lot more than that. That thing is moving into position." Miss Moreno said and pointed to the alien ship in the sky.

"She's right. We only have two hours left. Won't be long until the takeover begins." I reasoned to my friends who still looked a little bit iffy.

"Everybody, get inside. Come, come. Come." Miss Moreno said and ushered us into her house.

She gave us some lemonade and we sat down around her table.

I zoned out at our conversation but once I regained focus it wasn't hard to follow along.

"But we're children." Rewind protested and reached for his lemonade.

"Yes, the children of the Heroics. If anyone is gonna save the world, it's you, because all of you have superpowers." Miss Moreno said and smiled at us. I was sitting next to Wildcard and my hand was really close to his.

"Super lame powers." He said and I scoffed. Did he not just see Acapella fly a tram? Did he not just see me hold us in the air with my powers?

"Speak for yourself." I told him and he rolled his eyes playfully.

"Okay, Johnny Random." Rewind snapped.

"Hmm... This is no way to be a super team." Miss Moreno said. I agree but we're still better than our parents.

"Abuelita's right. Aliens are about to invade, and if we want to rescue our parents and save the planet, we're gonna need to do it now." Missy said and stood up from her chair to look at all of us.

"Are you saying that... we can be superheroes?" Acapella asked and you could see her excitement. She's always wanted to be like her mom.

"Well, yeah. I guess that kinda is what I'm saying." Missy said plainly. 

"We Can be hero's just for one day." She sung and I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Sorry, it was there for the taking." She shrugged. 

"I need you all to maximize your powers." Miss Moreno said and Wildcard scoffed again.

"Grandma, I've been trying to do that my whole life, so if you have any ideas, I'm all ears." He said and I raised my other eyebrow at him. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw Facemaker make his ears huge, mocking Wildcard.

"Why'd you call her grandma?" I asked quietly in his ear. He didn't answer but her looked paralyzed?

"Um, it's not about who is the strongest or fastest. It's about working together, and that's why we'll need someone to be the leader." Miss Moreno said Missy was clearly the leader but Wildcard didn't get the memo.

"That would be me." He said cockily.

"I was actually talking about Missy, but thank you. Follow me! Quickly. Quickly! Fast. Fast!" SHe ushered us and we followed her to her backyard.

"But I'm the leader!" Wildcard whined. Grow up man.

"He's right. I'm totally okay with that." Missy said. She's just too nice.

"Well, I'm not. And we don't have time to argue. So, what I say goes." Miss Moreno said firmly.

"Yes, ma'am." Wild moped as I sniggered into my hand. 

"Hmm. Welcome to my training ground. Let's boogie." She said as her grass fliped over and a bunch of training equipment appeared.

We started to train and I got stuck on the climbing wall.

I climbed up and down the wall a few times until Wildcard joined me after he was done with the tightrope.

"You know you can fly right?" Wildcard asked me as I put more chalk on my hands.

"Yeah, So?" 

"Why don't you just fly to the top?" 

"Because that's not training. That's just me flying. If I want to be a superhero then I need to master the ways of the powerless." I explained as Miss Moreno came up to me.

"I couldn't have said it better myself. Great job Sunshine." Miss Moreno said making me smile. 

"Okay, work together." Missy called out making me look to her. She wasn't training she was just watching us.

"Wrong way! You're going the wrong way!" Noodles said as he ran into Guppy at the tire obstacle.

"Guppy, stay calm!" I called as I walked over to make sure nothing went wrong. 

She started getting really angry and that made me really worried but Missy handled it.

She pulled Gups to the side and made her meditate to control her anger.

Everything was going great but Slow-Mo tripped and he started flying through the air.

"Someone catch Slo-Mo! Noodles! I mean, no, Facemaker! Uh, no Sunshine you catch him!" She shouted and I looked over to her but it was a mistake.

Slow-mo Needed someone to catch him abd I was in the way so he ended up knocking me, Noodles, practically everyone else.

We all ended up in a pile of limbs on the ground.

"Slo-Mo, you never do anything right." Wild said and I smacked the back of his head. It's not his fault. 

I looked up to the sky and noticed something that definitely wasn't supposed to be there.

~~~~~~~~

Sorry this one is very short