Quoting Steel Samurai

It turns out Miles Edgeworth isn't as 'cool' as I first thought.

It was around 11:30 in court, I was grasping onto my evidence as best I could as the witness kept lying through her teeth.

This case is easy, they said.

You'll get it over with soon, they said.

Well, they're wrong. This case dealt with the victem, Anthony Chiyo a 43 year old male, being stabbed and bled out to death by an unknown killer. Well, my job was to make sure an innocent bystander, Samuel Hatcher a 26 year old male, wasn't wrongly convicted. Mr.Chiyo's wife, Julia Chiyo a 39 year old female, was an acting as a witness against him, but I don't know why she even bothered. The evidence is stacked up against her, her fingerprints were all over the murder weapon, a knife, a piece of her DNA was found next to the victim, and worst of all, she was found dazed at the crime scene covered in blood. The police at the crime, most likely Gumshoe, arrested the wrong person.

Mr.Hatcher was innocent, but I'm not sure anyone believed me.

"I was waiting for my dear Annnnthey at the park, when I sa-"

"Hold it!" I tell out, pointing my finger at her, "You say you were waiting, but earlier in your testimony you said that you just got there!"

She takes a step back, shocked, "I mean, I was waiting for the perfect opportunity to surprise my Anthy!"

I sigh softly while shaking my head, there's a long day ahead of me, "You wanted to 'surprise' Mr.Chiyo? In the park? Where you both agreed to meet?"

"Mr.Wright, I'm sure the witness already stated that what you said was the truth, I see no reason to interrupt her testimony." The judge looked down at him from his seat behind his desk.

I glance over at him before sinking back behind my table, "Sorry," I mumble.

As the 'witness' continues her loosely knit testimony, I hear a small whispering coming from behind me.

"As long as the Steel Samurai stands, Neo Olde Tokyo shall never fall!"

Ah, it's Miles and his strange attachment to the weird show, Steel Samurai. I sigh softly, rubbing my forehead. I knew it was a bad idea to bing all 10 seasons last night.

I whisper back at him harshly, "Now is not the time, Miles, I'm kind of busy." When there was no reply, I turned my attention back onto the lying witness who somehow had the judge wrapped around her well manicured pinky.

"When I saw him dead on the floor, you can image how scared I was! Oh so scared! So I wasn't able to call the police since I was still in shock!"

I smirked to myself and stood up straighter, "Objection!" I yell just a bit too loudly, "You say you couldn't make a call until a few minutes passed, but then why do we have on your phone records, a call to an unmarked number?!" Tapping the paper with my hand, I stare at her with an inpatient look.

"Well- I- Wait-! How do you know that? I-I mean, what phone r-records?!"

Wow. She had to be the worst liar I had ever had the displeasure of meeting.

"The phone records in my hand at this very moment! Mrs.Chiyo!" I slam the paper down onto the table, "What do you have to say about that?!"

The court soon was filled to the brim with chatter from the jury. A gravel was slammed followed with, "Order order!" The judge stared at me with large eyes, "So you have the phone records of Mrs.Chiyo with you?! How come this wasn't brought to my attention sooner?!"

"Yeah! Yeah!" A hardly human squeaking sound agreed with the gravel welding man from the prosecution's side of the court. The prosecutor for this case was Winston Payne, a man hardly known for his power in court, but rather his power to annoy people half to death, "It must warrant for a penalty for withholding evidence!"