Chapter 11

I wake up to someone shaking me gently, I open eyes to see Nat smiling softly down at me. "Time to wake up Kotenok, We have to go out" 

With a nod and a yawn I stand up, she moves out of the way so I can jump off the couch. Everyone is already there and waiting for me from the looks of things so I shift back into human form, rubbing my eyes sleepily.

"What's up guys? Another mission?" I ask the room. 

"No kid, we need to go to the Shield helicarrier for a check-up. They want to make sure we can all still take care of the world and have an update on our skill sets" Tony rolls his eyes, clearly not happy about having his day interrupted either.

"Huh? What exactly would have changed since the last time we did it?" I ask him.

Waving a hand in Loki's direction "He needs evaluating and I guess they didn't want to single anyone out" 

A collective groan fills the room but everyone nods "Go and get dressed Kathy, the sooner we leave, the sooner we are home." Tony says as he walks away, everyone files out of the room after him.

Begrudgingly I start make my way to my bedroom to change into something more suitable. I make it halfway up the stairs before a hand touching my wrist stops me. Turning I see Loki stood a few steps down with a gentle smile on his face.

"I can see you're tired Love, let me help you" He continues moving until we are stood on the same step, facing each other.

"Loki I'm not letting you help me get dressed" I look back down to make sure no one is listening in before continuing. "Are you out of your mind?"

"As enjoyable as I'm sure that would be, It's not what I had in mind." Before I can say anything else A shimmer comes over him and Loki's clothes have changed into simple armour. I can't help but look over him, fascinated with the use of his magic until he inclines his head to me, letting go of your wrist. I look down and see that your clothes have changed into my own armoured suit. 

I feel something stir in me stomach as the meaning of his words sink in but I just clear my throat and smile at him, ignoring the implication behind them. We both turn and walk back down the stairs, making our way to the jet. "See, I knew there was a reason I kept you around but you'll have to try much harder than to impress me" 

"Well I'm glad my Lady thinks I am useful so far, I'll have to continue to work on charming her." He responds with a smirk and a glint of mischief in his eyes.

I chuckle as I walk onto the jet ahead of him, noticing we're the first ones here I taking a seat, responding while he sits in the seat beside me. 

"Yes you seem to be doing such a good job of it already, I can't wait to see what other tricks you have up your sleeve" Teasingly I jab a finger into his side but he grasps my wrist before I can pull it back. I see a smile tugging at his lips as he drops his head close to my ear.

"You haven't seen anything yet, Kitten" He murmurs quietly, biting gently at a spot below my ear. His actions bring a flush to my cheeks and too quickly he is sat upright looking nonchalant as everyone walks onto the jet and takes their seats. Thor sits down on my other side and peers at my cheeks. "Are you feeling alright?" He asks quietly.

"Sure, guess I'm just still a little tired" I clear my throat. I didn't like lying to him but what was I supposed to say? Oh sure Thor I'm fine, your brother has just been busy pushing me up against surfaces to kiss me and I'm feeling a little flushed because of it. Not happening.

"I was hoping we could watch a movie later or something, Kit. It's been a while since we did anything together." I look over at him and smile.

"Of course we can but you're choosing the movie and no choosing a sappy film, I'm not dealing with you crying again" I lean my head back, closing my eyes as the jet takes off, grinning as Thor splutters to everyone trying to deny ever crying at any film. The laughter of the group soon dies down and everyone talks among themselves until we reach the Helicarrier. 

Director Fury and Agent Hill meet us outside the doors of the jet as we all file out. "Welcome everyone. If you'd like to follow us we will begin your individual training sessions. Unfortunately we only have one space available today so you will all have to take it in turns except for Dr. Banner, I don't think it's necessary that you should participate" 

Great we are going to be here all day.

we all follow behind Fury and Hill until coming to the doors of a big open room with windows looking into it. Hill steps over to a set of panels just to the side of the door. "This is where we are going to be evaluating you all. You will have different tasks to complete based on your skill sets, we will also be taking readings of vitals afterwards to make sure you're all still healthy. Stark, you're first"

I stand there and watch as  everyone goes one by one. Tony takes out the mannequin targets that move around the room, strutting out looking pleased with himself. Steve goes in next and fights a guy with a taser baton before throwing his shield down and going hand to hand with the guy, he soon walks out too. Clint shoots a series of targets and puts an arrow through a guys leg when he thought it was part of the test. Nat takes on a group of 10 guys and manages to walk out completely untouched with a bored look on her face. Thor takes his turn and ends up setting the fire detectors off, effectively stopping his session, he came walking out of the training room quietly muttering an apology to Fury. Loki followed after they got the room cleared up and easily took care of several agents and mannequins that were thrown at him.

"Kathy you're up" Hill said as he walked back out, quickly explaining that I had to show of each of my powers as well as hand to hand combat before finishing. I gave her a brisk nod in understanding and gathered my energy as I walked into the room. The doors closed behind me and I stopped in the centre of the room. I looked down at my hand and summoned a piece of fabric to cover my eyes with. 

I was in the process of tying it behind my head when Thor's voice came through a speaker "Kathy are you sure about this? You've only done it a couple of times" 

I breath for a moment as my third eye opens and everything shifts into focus. "I'm ready Hill"

Without pause a door opens to the left of me but I stand still, slightly turning my head in the direction and playing the innocent girl who can't see. That is until the form of a man with a electrified baton is close enough to get my hands on. He swings and tries to hit me with the it but I grab a hold of it at the last moment, hearing his gasp I grin and spin it out of his arms, kicking him to the ground and subduing him quickly. I lift my head slowly to look around the room and find a few more agents have entered. 

I stand up and pull on the blindfold, it drops and disappears before even hitting the ground. I let a smug smile form on my face, knowing this was going to be too easy I start running head first at them, shifting mid stride into leopard and growling at them. The closest one to me all but freezes at the sight of my change, I don't waste time and leap onto him pushing him to the ground, I jump off him and shift back into human form and summon a length of rope, tying him up and moving away.

I stand up to look at the last 2 agents. They seem to be trying to decide how to approach I so you cast a quick glance out of the windows where everyone is watching. Everyone looks shocked at your performance so far except Tony who  has a bored look on his face, he catches my eye and his voice comes over the speaker "How many times do I have to tell you not to play with your food?" 

"But Tony, I never get to have this much fun anymore" I give him a dramatic pout. 

"Come on kid, I don't want be her all day" he replies.

I shrug but agree, I'd much rather be at home too. Looking back at the two agents I flick my wrist at them, effectively freezing them in place. I see the panicked look in their eyes as I throw them against a wall, summoning two daggers I throw them in each hand and watch as they land next to each agents head. 

As I walk out of the room I flick my wrist again, letting the agents drop to the ground, the sounds of them scrambling to their team mates filling my ears. 

Outside the room everyone is just staring at me. I clear my throat and clap my hands at them to get everyone to focus "Come on guys lets hustle. Tony I thought you wanted to go home" That seems to wake everyone up from the trance. 

We all walk down the corridors quietly following to another room where they checked our vitals. Fury eventually agreed that we were all still healthy and capable of doing our jobs so we all headed back home.