𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟳

The rest of the weekend was uneventful for Rowan. Novah was released from the hospital wing Sunday night so Rowan swung by and picked her up.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Rowan asks, walking next to Novah heading to the common room. "Oh you know the usual. What's that?" Novah said pointing to the black object in Rowan's hand.

"Lily gave it to me. Apparently it's a muggle object, i'm assuming you've heard of it, pepper spray? She gave me two bottles. One for me and you. She wants us to be safe since it looks like we're on Malfoy's hit list." Rowan frowned, handing Novah the spray.

"That's very nice of her. Considering Malfoy hates everything muggle he won't even know what it is." Novah said pocketing the spray in her robes.

"Oh hey, Sirius invited me to this party in the Gryffindor common room Friday. You wanna join? Hang with Remus?" Rowan teased bumping her shoulder into Novahs

Novah laughed covering her mouth before nodding. "Yeah it sounds fun. I wanted to talk to Remus anyway. I mean this Saturday will be our third date."

"Wait third? When did the other two happen?" Rowan asked flabbergasted.

"Well, one was in the library and the other was down by the black lake. I really like him Rowan.." Novah sighed

"I feel like a but is coming." Rowan said, biting the inside of her cheek.

"But..I feel like he is hiding something from me. I mean every-other week he is sick badly enough to be in the hospital wing. Everytime I ask him about it he shuts me down. I don't know, maybe he doesn't trust me. I wanted to ask him to be my boyfriend but I don't wanna face the embarrassment if he says no." Novah said looking down

"Hey." Rowan said, stopping them outside the common room door. "Remus likes you. I can tell. When you're not looking he will admire you. He stares at you like the only girl in the world. He latches onto everything you say. So I doubt he would say no. As for his health, maybe give him time. You never know what could be going on." Rowan said, giving Novahs hand a squeeze before entering the common room. "I'm gonna head to bed you coming?"

"No, I have to work on some extra-credit work." Novah said heading over to the couch

"Okay i'll see you in the morning." Rowan sang-song out before yawning and walking up the stairs.

══════════════════

The next morning the girls walked down to breakfast in good moods excited for the days classes

"French toast, my favorite!" Novah squealed before sitting down and plopping three pieces on her plate

"Oh yes french toast your life support." Rowan laughed before serving herself

"Why look who got better. You gave us quite a scare Tanners." a voice sarcastically said from behind Rowan and Novah

Rowan turned her head to look to see Malfoy and Nott. "Ah yes the curse she was hit with was done by someone with lack of skill and smarts." Rowan said and smirked lightly while Novah laughed under her breath.

Malfoy went to lunge at Rowan but Nott stopped him. "Hold down Malfoy. Remember we have someone else to deal with now." he said carefully slowly.

Malfoy stepped back and smoothed his robes down. "Yes, and this person won't be as lucky as you mudblood. They will get the worse of all." he said before glaring at the girls and walking off, Nott trailing behind him.

Novah and Rowan just rolled their eyes. "We should get to potions , we're starting a new lesson today." the red haired girl said getting up and grabbing her books.