Wake Up

A/N: This takes place after the events in 'Imperfect Pairs'

MJ POV

I woke in a panic, my heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest. I tried to slow my breathing down, I was looking around, trying to ground myself.

" Hey- are you okay" I heard a sleepy deep voice come from behind me, strong arms wrapped around my lower waist. I looked behind me, tears welling in my eyes. Tanaka was holding onto me, his face resting on my lower back as I was sat up. " y-yeah" I stuttered out, clenching my chest again. I took a few deep breaths and Tanaka sat up next to me. " hey baby what's wrong" he said softly, as he looked at me, rubbing his eyes.

Images of the nightmare wouldn't leave my head, the fighting, his tears. " no no no" I mumbled to myself, covering my face with my hands, the tears running down my face. I sobbed out, Tanaka quickly pulling me back into him, running his hand through my hair to calm me down. " Shh its okay, it was only a dream" he whispered to me, pulling me closer to him.

" Do you need me to get J, ill go get J'' he said and let go of me slowly, I reached out for him as he walked away, once he left the room I grabbed my phone and looked through it " no kenma- what" I whispered to myself, throwing my phone back down on the bed. I laid back down and continued to try and slow down my breathing, I was shaking. I threw my arm over my face and closed my eyes.

I shot my head up once I heard my door open, when my eyes met J's I couldn't help but cry.

J POV

My eyes shot open and I looked to the side to see Noya's sleeping face next to mine. I tried to get up quickly, but felt his hold on me tighten. "You up beautiful?" As I looked over at him I felt tears fall off my face onto the bed sheets. Noya sat up pulling me close to him. "Hey what's wrong, you're okay. I've got you." He said, cradling me in his arms. "It was just a dream." He said in a soft voice.

I started sobbing not really understanding what was happening. Was all of that a dream, 'who even is Kotaro?' and why did I dream all of that?

Noya had wiped my tears away gently as my door opened and Tanaka stood there looking worried. "Hey J- MJ needs you."

"Yeah I think J needs MJ too." Noya said standing up and handing me my sweats. I quickly put them on under the blanket and ran to MJ's room. I saw her sitting in bed with tears in her eyes.

I walked over to her "H-hey." I said, sitting next to her with tears in my eyes. We hugged each other for a while before the boys walked in. "Hey we are gonna go get you guys something to eat, we'll be fast" Noya said and walked out of the room quickly with Tanaka.

"So you had a bad dream too?" I said looking at MJ.

" Do you- " she sighed " do you know who Kenma is?" she asked me, wiping the tears from her eyes.

"I- I don't, do you know who Kotaro is?" I asked, pushing some of her hair behind her ear.

" No not really - so none of it happened huh?" she said mostly to herself, looking down at her lap.

"I guess not wait- what did you dream about. I mean mine was like a movie like... Noya.."

" left you at the camp, after you basically shattered his heart?" she asked in more of a question. I felt my heart ache. "Y-yeah and Tanaka found out you slept with... Kenma?" I said looking at her. "Did we have the same dream?"

" Oh my god - and" she was cut off by the door swinging open, Noya and Tanaka stood there with bags of food, smiling at us, MJ looked back at me, covering her face with her hands, crying again.

I saw Noya's smiling face and started sobbing about. "Woah Angel it's okay." Tanaka said, walking over and hugging MJ. "Shortie hey, you don't have to worry I'm right here. Please don't cry." He said hugging me and placing a kiss on the top of my head. "I- I'm sorry." I stuttered out. "What's that? You didn't do anything wrong Shortie." Noya said and hugged me tighter.

"Im sorry - im sorry for lying, for the camp" MJ said and Tanaka cupped her face, forcing her to look at him " for what? The camp is in a couple days, what did you lie about?" he asked and she looked at me " Nothing - yeah your right" she said and he gently kissed her forehead " god you guys are really shaken up today" Tanaka said looking at Noya.

"What time is it?" I asked looking up at Noya. "It's almost 5:30." He answered, rudding my back. "You guys should eat a little before we have to get to practice." Tanaka said looking down at MJ.

"Practice?" Me and MJ said together. Noya chuckled "Yeah practice, volleyball practice it starts at 6."

We all ate and the boys were making small conversation about I don't know I was busy in my head and so was MJ. "Let's get ready MJ." I said pulling her with me. "So what do we do now, just act like nothing happened?"

" Nothing happened though- like for real" she said to me as we walked down the hall " Just be normal" she whispered to me as we entered my room.

"Yeah okay, says the one whispering." I joked as we walked into my room.