music therapy (Daniel Thrasher)

Yeah, I'm addicted to writing these now. You know who you are, this one is for you ♥️

•••
danny boi 😊♥️

howdy friendo

***

hey, it's been a while

***

how have you been?

***

i'm starting to get worried...

***

you there?

•••

I stared at the messages on my phone until they fell out of focus. My neck was already hurting from being hunched over on my phone all day, and obsessing over this was not helping.

Why can't you just answer normally?

No. Tell him your fine, and then continue to ignore him.

But he seems really worried about me...maybe he could help?

Why would he want to do that?

The pessimistic side of me won out this time. I tossed my phone in the general direction of something and flung myself back into my bed. Just lay here between the sheets until you feel better.

That will never happen.

My phone vibrated again, singing a C3 and I opened it to check the notification.

•••
danny boi 😊♥️

that's it, i'm coming over

i'm getting in the car now

•••

Oh god. I was so mentally and physically exhausted I didn't even have the strength to be worried. I mean, the house was relatively clean, I was relatively clean, and there wasn't that much wrong with the house. I was just so unbelievably tired because I hadn't been sleeping well lately. If at all, that is.

The mirror across the room caught my eye. I do kinda look like warmed over death, though, I thought as I walked closer to it. I grabbed a brush from the top of my dresser and ran it through my hair until it stopped catching.

Does it even matter? Who are you trying to impress?

I pushed back the negative thoughts as I put my hair into two braids and found my cap. Another glance in the full body mirror warned me that maybe green basketball shorts and a faded Nintendo t-shirt was not the move. I traded them out for the first pair of jeans I saw and a black band shirt. I guess I look better than I did before.

Deciding that I couldn't do much more to improve my appearance, I walked downstairs and sat on the couch to wait on Daniel. I didnt bother responding to his message; what would be the point? He'll be over here in a few minutes anyway, I told myself as I drifted off.