Chapter 01

No One

The classroom is filled with chatter as the students wait for the bell to ring. It's game day and all the students want to go home to get ready. The teacher didn't even give an assignment that day to talk about the game. They always make game days a big deal. Since they have a strong team; it's always fun to watch them beat other schools, especially their rival schools.

The bell rings and everyone packs their things in a rush. One person takes their time in packing. The star of the school's basketball team, Kang Yeosang. He waits till the class is somewhat empty to finally leave. He's about to walk out when he sees a classmate limp to the door. He looks at them and contemplates whether he should help.

Yeosang nods as he makes up his mind. "Do you need help?" He asks. The person turns around and looks startled. "Are you talking to me?" They ask in a small voice. "Yeah." He responds. "Oh... You don't have to. I'll be fine. I have to walk home anyways, so I should get used to it." They shrug.

Yeosang frowns. "I'll take you home. Granted I have to be back at school, but I have no problem taking you." He says. "Are you sure? You really don't have to." Yeosang sees the way they tilt their head and their eyes look at him as if a puppy were staring at him. He doesn't know why, but he feels drawn to them.

"I'm sure." He nods. The person smiles and agrees. They begin to walk, but Yeosang steps in front of them. He grabs their bag and swings it over his left shoulder. "I'd carry you, but I have no room. Hold onto me so you could walk better." He offers his arm. The person nods and holds his arm.

They're walking down the empty hallway. Yeosang can't help but wonder who this person is. "Are you new? I've never seen you before." He asks. The person looks up. "Ah. I moved here two months ago." They answer. Yeosang hums. "I'd ask if you were going to the game, but that injury tells me no." He chuckles.

They walk out of the building and towards his motorcycle. "I'd normally go to a game, but I haven't in a year." They say. "How come?" Yeosang asks. "It's a very long story. One that involves this injury." The person points to their ankle. Yeosang hears the sadness in the person's voice.

"Would you go to the game if I invited you?" He asks. The person looks at the taller boy. "Me?" They ask. Yeosang nods. "Maybe... but I'd have to wait for a ride home." The person says as they stop next to the motorcycle. "I'll be your ride." Yeosang offers with a small smile.

"How about this? I'll take you home and you change. Then we'll treat your foot at the trainers room when we come back to school. I'll order some food for you and we can talk for a bit. Sound good?" Yeosang was hopefully they'd agree.

This all hasn't registered to the boy yet. He's just going with what feels right for him, even if he's clueless to the many stares from students still waiting for their rides. "Sounds cool." The person nods. "Oh. I'm Yeosang, by the way." He introduces himself. "Moon Sooyoung." The person introduces themself.

Pretty name. Suits her. Yeosang thinks. "I don't have an extra helmet, so I'll let you use mine." He then grabs the helmet and puts it on the girls head. He makes sure it's secure and then hops on his bike. "Come on. I'll make sure not to scare you." He jokes. The girl slowly gets on.

"You have to hold my waist so you don't fly off, you know." Yeosang says with a smirk. The girl blushes in embarrassment but complies. She rests her head on Yeosang's back and he clears his throat. He tries to ignore that tingly feeling that shot through him. "Which way?" He asks.

"Oh! You can go down Fourth Street and then make two rights after a street light and a stop sign." The girl, Sooyoung, tells him. Yeosang nods and revs his motorcycle. He rides off in the direction the girl gave him.