Chapter 02

Yeosang

It's finally halftime. I walk towards Sooyoung and decide to scare her. "What are you doing standing on your ankle?" She jumps in surprise and turns to me. Her hand over her heart. "You fucking scared me!" She yells. She playfully hit my shoulder and I laugh. "Sorry. The opportunity was there and I took it." I shrug.

Sooyoung rolls her eyes. "Very funny. Shouldn't you be in the locker room?" She asks. "Not really. I don't need it." I answer. "I see somebody's getting cozy." I hear someone say. That was the fakest voice I've ever heard. "Oh! Who's this? New boyfriend?" She asks.

Someone please shut this girl up, and I swear I'll quit smoking. "Hi! My names Yeri. But you can call me yours." She winks at me. That's gross. "Get lost. You interrupted my conversation." I coldly state. This girl is like all the others. Annoying and fake. Not Sooyoung though.

"Has anyone ever told you that talking to a girl like that is rude?" She asks. What makes this worse is the twirling of her dead hair. "If I see one, I'll make sure to treat her nice. Oh wait, I was already talking to her." I point to Sooyoung.

"Wow Sooyoungie. How'd you manage to get him? Doesn't he know how much of a sl-" She gets interrupted. "Finish that sentence and I'll knock your teeth down your throat, bitch." I see Donghyuck walk towards us with the rest of the cheerleaders.

"Now scram before I turn that rat's nest of hair you got into nothing. I'll make you go bald, sweetie." Jaemin says with an innocent smile. The annoying chick stomps away and I finally get to breathe properly. "You okay, love?" I ask. The nickname just slipping out.

"Hell no. I'm scared. Knowing them, they're planning something. And it won't be good." She says. I pull her in by her waist and I see the blush creep up her cheeks. "I'll protect you." I state. "Well this is new." Changmin teases. "Shut up." I glare at him. He raises his hands in surrender but smiles at me anyways.

••••

Sooyoung

"Sorry for not teaching you guys some cheers." I apologize. "Don't be sorry. That bitch should be sorry. She's lucky we're civilized." Donghyuck says. Jaemin hugs me and smiles. "We're your friends now. We aren't letting anyone mess with you." He says.

"I'll cut a bitch if they ever try you again. Just send me a text." Renjun nods enthusiastically. "I'll take you up on that." I jokingly accept. "I'm not joking." Renjun clarifies. Well fuck. "The game's starting again!" Changmin yells as he sits next to his friend.

The second half of the game begins and the ball is passed through the players of the opposite team. I see Hendery looking smug with the ball. He doesn't see the dude come from behind him and gets the ball stolen from him. I laugh as I see the look on his face and he scowls at me.

The dude who stole the ball, passes the ball to his friend who shoots from almost half the court. The ball goes in and we all cheer. Yeosang taps the back of his friend and looks excited. He looks so cute when he's smiling. What the hell am I thinking? I just met him today.

The game resumes when the other team passes the ball through each other. The ball gets passed to Hendery and he shoots from the three point line. I roll my eyes when it easily passes through the net. He looks at me and winks. I resist the urge to gag.

Yeosang

I saw that dude wink at Sooyoung. This unknown feeling bubbles inside me. Why is he showing interest in her? I huff when I see Mark pass the ball to Yangyang. Yangyang dribbles down the court and does a lay-up. The ball goes in and the ball is back in the hands of defense.

I see that one dude run down the court, aiming to shoot, but I ran just as fast and blocked his ball. I dribble down the court and see that we have three seconds left. The only player that was open was Younghoon.